Home Selling in Garden Ridge>Question Details

Kelli Boyles, Home Buyer in

Got transfered - am looking for a 'seller's' agent. Need the best at bringing qualified, high-end buyers

Asked by Kelli Boyles, Mon Apr 21, 2008

to my '07 custom 3150 sq.ft., 3/3/2 home in Garden Ridge? Theater rm., granite/marble counter tops, custom hand scraped wood flooring, office, fireplace, & 2 patios (1 under roof/1outdr w/ firepit. Great landscape package on.75 acre, wrought iron fenced bck yd faces woods/deer path. Need an honest quality realtor - not a smoke blower.

Answers

11
When I do a listing presentation for a Seller I do more then just run comps. It's in your best interest to know the market trends for your neighborhood over the past 12 to 18 months. Learn where the prices are going in order to price your house correctly. Know how long homes are taking to sell and at what price range they seem to sell the quickest. Stay close to that price. The last thing you want to do is chase the market. If you price it right in our area there are still plenty of houses selling in just a few weeks. Location, condition and price are still the three main selling points to any home. Your agent should be able to help with suggestions on what needs to be done to make your home the most marketable. Staging is a big thing these days but most good agents can do this for you. Ask an agent to provide references (with numbers you can call) from the past year of business. Work with an office that is going to generate the most visibility for your home through their marketing techniques. Ask to see why their marketing is going to work over someone elses. An agent with a big company may have market share but only sell one or two houses a year and have poor internet presence. Marketing is the most important way to get your home sold so make sure they do it all. Part time agents are not going to be there like a full time agent will keeping your priorities at the top of their list. Be demanding.........your paying for it. Best of luck to you.
Web Reference: http://www.dhaleyhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 21, 2008
Sounds like a great home... We take listings for less than 6% which gives you more money upon sale.

Our web-site is designed to drive traffic for those looking to buy in DFW.
Web Reference: http://www.bigdrelo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 7, 2008
Margaret, I cannot disagree more with you about your statement "That is why the large companies such as Century 21, Remax, Era , have a referral program."

These companies simply do it to make more money because they are franchises. I don't have a problem with that, it's capitalism. It is still up to the individual agent to market the house at their expense (not at the expense of the franchise) and bring a buyer. Brokers take on agents all the time (not hire as it would imply that they receive a salary). That agent is the one generating business for the company not the other way around. Most brokers take on agents as long as they have a pulse, a numbers game. They don't even have to check on their credibility, if they had disciplinary actions, what kind of marketing they do for their clients etc...

Ok, I'll stop... must be something I ate.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 6, 2008
That is why the large companies such as Century 21, Remax, Era , have a referral program.
If you sigh a buyers or sellers agreement with a realtor you are pretty much stuck. You can fire them but their contract keeps you from hiring another. BUT---- If you have a realtor from another area search and refer you, thru the network, to a Realtor to be either your sellers or buyers agent - they will find you a good one and if that agent does not take proper care of you they can fire them.
This way you have two brokers working for you. I have only had to fire one agent , and that was years ago.
When I say fire - what that means is that the agent did not live up to the requirements, so since our office was the referring office we had the right to tell the network that I was working with at the time that our client no longer wanted to work with that agent and the agency agreement was automatically cancelled and replaced with an agent that took proper care of the client.
Only top agents are allowed to be in these referral networks , but you will have some personality differances anyway.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 6, 2008
The best answer here is that each marketing plan should be taylored to meet the needs of each individual seller. What are your needs and concerns? Do you want a specific amount? Do you want it sold by a certain date? If the home isn't sold by this date, would you want to adjust the price or leave it on the market longer? This should be the first objective in the mind of your listing agent. The marketing plan should be in place when the property is listed. If the need arises to re-evaluate the plan, then this should be discussed with the seller(s) and decisions for changes made together. Most importantly, be extremely honest with your agent is discussing your needs. At the same time, find an agent who will be upfront and extremely frank and honest with you. Good Luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 22, 2008
As your professional real estate adviser, I focus on your satisfaction and I am not happy until you are happy. I will listen to your needs and desires to better establish our goals and objectives.

Not only am I a Licensed Texas Real Estate Broker but I've chosen to continue to learn and challenge myself to provide better service to my clients.

IRES International Real Estate Specialist ABR Accredited Buyer's Representative CRS Certified Residential Specialist ASP Accredited Staging Professional GRI Graduate Realtor Institute CNHS Certified New Home Specialist RCC Residential Construction Certified CLHMS Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist RECS Real Estate Cyberspace Specialist

If you are considering a real estate professional, please give me an opportunity to earn your business. I am confident and guarantee you will be very happy with my services!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 22, 2008
Kelli, While you interview the agents to list your house, keep in mind that it's not the company name that agent is associated with that sells a house, it's the agent's plan and marketing along with condition and price.... Real estate agents are independent contractors. Look at the agent's marketing plan for your specific house.

Also, 97% of the homes that sell, the agent that lists the house is NOT the agent that brings in the buyer. This is a NAR (National Association of Realtors) statistic, another agent does.

Good luck to you!!
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 21, 2008
Let your agent's reputation and company speak for itself!! Interview a couple of agents, ask for references from recently satisfied clients. Ask friends or relatives to make recommendations. Make sure to ask about your current market status from each of these agents and go with the one that best fits you! Good Luck and I hope you have a quick sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 21, 2008
Need the best at bringing qualified, high-end buyers. Sorry but an agent like this does not exist UNLESS you price this home at an attractive, ready to show-sell price!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 21, 2008
Question will your company have a relocation company puchase your home if it does not sale within a certain number of days. That might be able to help you out just incase. GOOD LUCK !
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 21, 2008
Kelli,

I have a good Prudential Realtor in the Canyon Lake area that sells Comal County. Call me if you're interested.

Bruce Lynn
214-675-6992
rb@teamlynn.com
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX