Teresa, Home Owner in Ocean County, NJ

Going rate for a home my size in Toms River, NJ. Im seeing conflicting prices...

Asked by Teresa, Ocean County, NJ Sun Sep 30, 2012

Ive seen some realtors selling houses similar to mine that seem WAY overpriced in this economy. I have a colonial, 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, garage, in ground pool, built in 86' in Silverton (very sought after section of TR) Ive seen houses selling for 280,000 or less but some selling for more around 305,000. My last appraisal was 289,000 3 years ago. I doubt its improved in this economy. Im asking because im trying to decide on a short sale and knowing the going price for my house will help me decide if its worth it or not

Answers

6
Laura Giannotta’s answer
You should not be concerned with what other homes are going for. If you can't pay your mortgage, and you have no equity, you'll be forced to do a short sale. If that's the case, you'll get no money out of the sale. Likewise, your expenses to sell the home in a short sale will (more often than not) come out of the proceeds to the bank.
the price of homes has gone upa bit it is possible yours has also nuyers are looking seriously at this time please e-mail me your ifo so I can assist fpeters@weichert,com
Hey Alicia,

The only way to accurately answer your question is by checking out the condition of the property. I just sold a house over on Reflection Drive in Toms River for 256k in June. It was 4 beds 2.5 baths with no basement and an inground pool for 256k. The interior needed to be completely redone and the exterior the buyers will need to install new windows and roof. The link is below for this home.

http://mls.momls.com/MonmouthReports/ListitLib/show_report.a…

If this home was in mint condition it would have been a 300k home. We saw some other homes in the 300k range and my client decided he could build up some sweat equity in this property.

One of my business partners Thomas Zdanowicz is a CDPE agent and he deals with all of our short sale business (over 70 short sale transactions over the last 3 years). He can give you a lot of good advice on how to deal with your current lender in regards to doing a short sale or even a modification. There are a lot of different programs available for homeowner assistance where you can obtain relocation assistance credit at closing. It all depends on what kind of loan it is. Tom can assist you in making a decision that best suits you and your family.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at any time.

Justin Bosak
The Ocean's Six Group
C 732.644.6217
E justin.bosak@remax.net

Thomas Zdanowicz
The Ocean's Six Group
C 732.644.9084
E thomas.zdanowicz@remax.net

Check out our reviews http://www.osmlsreviews.com and our website http://www.osmls.com for more information about our award winning team
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
It just so happens this house is very close to mine and is bigger than mine. When I compare the price of this house and my mortgage , I am underwater by ALOT!! I guess that helps me decide to short sale it. Thank you!!!
Flag Sun Sep 30, 2012
Alicia,

Let the Toms River agents come out and give you their opinion, it's definately worth the investment in time.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
If you are interested in me coming out to take a look at the home I would be more than happy to. There are a lot of things to decide when a short sale is involved. I have numerous designations for short sales and I am certified as a preferred agent with some of the larger banks. There is no way any agent can tell you without seeing the condition, layout, floors, kitchen (updated 10 years ago or 30), pool, basement, etc.

William F. Troy
Broker-Salesperson
REO/HUD Director
Pre-foreclosure Specialist Mastery Certification
RDC PRO, SRES, e-PRO, CDPE, Luxury Home Team
Veltri & Associates Realtors
121 Washington St.
Toms River, NJ 08753
Office-(866)483-5874 ext. 422
Cell- (732)600-1570
Fax- (732)557-6425
wtroy@veltrirealtors.com
http://www.veltrirealtors.com
You really should have an agent do a comparable analysis for you. If you want, give me a call and I can help you out.

Sal Ventre
Crossroads Realty
Sventre@crossroadsrealtynj.com
732-684-6398