Matthew Pers…, Real Estate Pro in Metairie, LA

Getting ready to list my house 5905 Bridget St 70003 for sale. Should I do renovations first or let new owners do it?

Asked by Matthew Person, Metairie, LA Thu Jun 7, 2012

Answers

8
Diane has it right..do the renovations. Buyers talk a good talk, but when it comes down to making an offer, and people realize the 5 trips a day to Home Depot, etc. they don't want no fixer upper mumbo jumbo...they want a home clean, comfortable with as little drama as possible.

...and when it comes to appraisers...when that time comes if your home looks like "That 70's Show" you will get a low appraisal.
This is the real truth...renovate and do all updates..the buyers expect this. REmember that when we 1 million people evacuated 2005 we found out how the REAL world lived...in the remaining 49 states.
:Leasing or buying the consumer wants to have updated baths and kitchen...and earth tones thru out.

Do the renovations.. then no excuses to the Buyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Walk in and enjoy..this is home.

Diane Rosenbach
Gardner Realtors
Residential Commecial Realtor
Top 6% in the Market.
504-417-8787
http://www.drosenbach.com
Metairie. LA 70005
drosenbach@aol.com
Matthew,
In my market (Central Louisiana) I often work with investors who flip houses. And this is a constant issue...How much work do we do prior to listing. I can tell you buyers, especially entry level ones, don't have very good imaginations.

If you have the funds, my vote would be to do the repairs and fresh it up. Talk to a local REALTOR though as every market is unique. All the best!
Very good advice! Every Market is different! And in our Greater New Orleans Market, every house is different! Just like people!
Flag Mon Jun 11, 2012
Matthew: It really depends on the location and the house, and the type of renovations or updates you are thinking of. A good real estate expert, like myself, can guide you on where to spend your money. However, in order to do that, I must first see the house. I would welcome the opportunity to view the home with you and give you some advice. I am a full time Realtor in Metairie and have been successful in business for over 14 years! I operate a Team in my office with a full time assistant and a buyers agent. Give me a call to set a day & time to meet and assess your home. Carey Lambert, TheRealEstateLadyNOLA.com, 504-382-4663, careylambertrealtor@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Carey
Carey Lambert, Realtor
TheRealEstateLadyNOLA.com
504-382-4663
Keller Williams Realty455-0100
4725 Veterans Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70006
Flag Fri Jun 8, 2012
Matthew,

Neutral colors in all of the rooms is the best return on your money. Every other renovation will just depend on how much those upgrades are going to cost you vs. what you are going to receive in resale. The best thing to do is call me for a free evaluation of your current homes condition.

Richard Kimball, Jr.
Keller Williams Realty New Orleans
8601 Leake Ave
New Orleans, LA 70118 USA
(504) 442-7244 Cell
(504) 862-0100 Office

http://richardkimballhomes.com

Agent & Broker are licensed in Louisiana USA
Each Office is Independently Owned & Operated
Sounds like you need:
1) A Licensed Constractor with references to help you get a real estimate on what it will cost to make renovations that will help sell your home
2) A Licensed Realtor with proven experience findhing, renovating and holding or selling properties.
3) A person with references pertaining to #1 and #2 who can show you what you should do and show you what buyers are looking for.

As both Broker and Contractor, I can show you how to make the best decision before deciding on listing your home for sale.

Visit my website and lets get together and see how I can help you.
Matthew,

That really does depend on the repairs needed. You definitely want to pesent the house with all FHA required repairs done. You may not want to totally renovate your house, as you may not see your investment back from expensive renovations. But, there is about a 60% chance that the prospective new buyers will obtain FHA financing and some repairs would be required before they can finance the house, and, buyers, for the most part, do not make repairs before they actually own the house.

If you plan on listing your property for sale with a local Realtor then that Realtor should be more than willing to go to your house and look at which repairs would be required and which repairs will pay off.

I have been a full time Realtor in the Metairie area for 22 years and would love to be that Realtor.

Pat Kruse
RE/MAX Real Estate Partners
4141 Veterans Blvd. - Suite 100
Metairie, La. 70002
504-457-2671 Office
504-723-9912 Cell
Each office independently owned and operated.

e-mail: realtor70065@yahoo.com
Matthew, I strongly suggest that you do renovations to update the home. The buyers
are shopping for that special home that has new kitchens and baths and nice floors along
with earthtones on the walls. This expense will truly bring you closer to a qualifed buyer.

Real Estate is my business. I look forward to hearing back from you. Marketing tools
lead the way to selling homes. Call me!

Diane Rosenbach
Gardner Realtors
McCarthyGroup-Partner
525 Metairie Rd
Metairie LA 70005 USA
La Lic Realtor
504-417-8787
drosenbach@aol.com
http://www.mccarthygrouprealteors.com
Follow me on twitter_nola