Home Selling in Pittsburg>Question Details

Creed88, Home Seller in Pittsburg, TX

For health reasons, I need to move rather quickly and sell my home. What are the chances of doing this in Pitsburg, Tx. at this time?

Asked by Creed88, Pittsburg, TX Tue Jun 22, 2010

Are homes selling in this area?
I'm not greedy but would like to get a fair price. This house was listed by the last owner for $123,000 2 years ago and I purchased it for around $110,000 and have done some improvements of around $5,000. What would be a good price to sell quickly? it's a solid, well built house that has been taken very good care of by all owners..

Answers

2
In order to best determine a listing price, you need to be aware of comps--recently closed similar properties in the immediate area, review the data and make your determination; comps are provided free of charge by most agents; contact any loacl realty office(s) and inquire--or you may wish to hire a professional appraiser. Keep in mind that in today's market, pricing and marketing that maximizes your exposure are paramount.
Hello Creed88,

You should contact a local Realtor and have them perform a market analysis to help you price your home correctly so you can net the most money. A good Realtor can help you stage the home and get it ready so it can sell for top dollar. Just because you need to sell quickly does not mean you need to give your home away. In this market homes will sell for market value and those that are priced at or ahead of the market will be the first ones to sell in a given month.

Have your Realtor show you the comparable properties and if you have time go see a couple of them so you can view first hand what is superior to your home and what is not. Pricing is very important because if you price too high your home will just sit with very few or zero showings or offers. Price your home competitively and it will attract a lot of interest and generate offers in the first couple weeks or less.

I truly recommend you do look at some comparable homes. I know most Realtors do not do this with their seller clients but in your case and with our need to sell this will allow you to price your home more accurately and not too low so as you are leaving money on the table.

I wish you the best of luck in selling your home and make sure you choose a Realtor that will work with you to price for maximum profit in the shortest amount of time. It's truly an art and in the end will allow you to keep more of your equity. Good Luck!