Home Selling in Louisville>Question Details

Michael Thac…, Real Estate Pro in Louisville, KY

For future home sellers, a question about real estate professionals who are also friends.

Asked by Michael Thacker, Louisville, KY Wed Nov 13, 2013

A question, if you had a good friend who is a REALTOR, would you consider hiring him/her when you are ready to sell your home? Why or why not?

Answers

3
Michael,
Be VERY cautious of that. Oftentimes, a part of a realtor's job is to deliver bad news and/or to tell the seller things that they truly do not want to hear..... ie, "Seller, your paint colors that you like so much MAY BE turning some buyers off"...you get what I mean. I have seen it put a strain on friendships.

Debbie Hovious
RE/MAX Properties East
502-314-6593
Debbie@DebbieHovious.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 13, 2013
So true Debbie, so true!! We have to first and foremost be their REALTOR acting on their behalf and in their best interests, then be a friend who will always do the best thing for them!!

Michael
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013
It should not matter if they are a friend or not, it should matter if they sold real estate full time and had the skill and ability to get their home sold.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 13, 2013
Absolutely Scott, and I do agree. I have heard others express hesitance in the past about using myself and others, so was curious as to the thoughts.

Thanks very much for the response. I would hope myself, that if I was the best REALTOR for the job, I would get the listing, friend or not! : )

Have a great day!
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013
"Woiuld I hire my 'good friend' REALTOR to sell my home?"
Would I loan money to my good friend?
Would I allow a good friend to know how to push my buttons?
Would a good friend push those buttons or sheild them from others?
Do I really have any friends? Friends, according to Annette, are those who, "Have PROVEN themselves to be loyal and true and will stand by your side......even when you are wrong!" If you have three of these, you are rich, rich indeed!
-
Are we talking friends are aquaintances or associates or commrades or members? Not every name we know can be called friend.
-
Yes, such a friend has my back. I would want them to be part of writing this new chapter, to sojourn along side as the emotions rise and fall, as I pack the shared memories into moving boxes, as those last months together progress and culminate in embarking on a new adventure in which they will have a continuing presense. After all, this friend is proven which means the real struggles are actually behind us.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor FL
727.420.4041
Move to the Front of the Line
(http://FirstLookHomes.us)