C_dub, Home Seller in 31088

For Warner Robins, is it customary for the seller to pay closing costs?

Asked by C_dub, 31088 Tue Dec 8, 2009

Answers

3
In our area it is customary for the seller to help pay the closing cost, usually the seller won't pay the escrow set up fees or home owners insurance for the buyer. It is all negotiable with both parties. If the house will appraise some buyers add it to the price of the home, but that all needs to be neotiated in the sells contract in case the home would not appraise. If you are a for sale by owner please give me a call or email me as I can help you with any further details you may need and I can let you know what can help get you the best deal with no fees to you.
I tell all my buyers and sellers the same thing: The closer the buyer gets to list price the more apt the seller is to help out with closing costs and the further away from list price, the less apt they are to help out with closing costs. Average list to sale price in this area is 95%-97%. Everything is negotiable and nothing is set in stone. I've had sellers tell me they won't pay anything towards buyers closing costs and other sellers very willing to help out with buyers closing costs and prepaids if it will help get the home sold faster. The main thing to concentrate is the bottom line, not the individual costs involved. Any other questions just let me know.
Seller sometimes offers what is called a sellers assist where they allow for the closing costs to be lumped into the mortgage and sales price of the home.

It all depends on what the seller is netting as when they do this, they are not seeing the assist in their profits.

So saying the sales price is $100,000 and there is $5,000 in closing costs then the net price to the seller is $95,000 not $100,000.

Sean Dawes
Web Reference: http://www.SeanDawes.com