Home Selling in Georgetown>Question Details

C_hartgrove, Home Buyer in Round Rock, TX

For Serenada area - where should we put our money for upgrades to get that money back when selling?

Asked by C_hartgrove, Round Rock, TX Wed Jan 23, 2013

Answers

9
I agree kitchen and baths are the most important to a buyer. Then in my opinion landscaping front and backyards are also important.

In Texas it gets hot so shade trees and covered porches are an added benefit. Many of us like to utilize our back porches for second living areas.

I always say to my sellers "Think like a Buyer". Buyers will see many homes you want yours to stand out.

If you have limited funds for updating, do what you can and price accordingly..

I am always available for free consultation if you would like.
Kitchens and master bathrooms sell homes. New flooring earns you extra dollars in sales potential, too. Carpets are less and less popular in today's market. Ease of care counts and carpets are dust and dirt magnets. Make sure paint colors are fairly neutral--an accent wall here or there is fine, but don't go crazy with kids' room colors.Switching out light fixtures helps--get rid of the shiny brass!
Thanks for your question. Serenada community is one located next to the area I specialize in exclusively Sun City Texas, an active adult community. Since the needs of the people living in Serenada different from the ones in Sun City I do not want to give advice that might be different because of the nature of the two communities. In all upgrades I will tell you not to expect a full return on your investment. Do the ones that you want to enjoy. You can google overall areas of improvement that give the highest return in the overal average tomany home. It does change change with time so depending when you sell it may make a difference to a buyer. Alice Gardiner exclusively a Buyers agent for Sun City Texas
Several folks have already provided answers, and the advice is spot on about kitchen and bath upgrades - but not the high-end, big money path...particularly since your intention appears to sell the home soon. I also live in Serenada and would be happy to stop over to discuss pros and cons of what you are contemplating.

Depending on the condition of the flooring, that may need attention as well. But it doesn't have to be over-the-top, just some nice quality flooring can certainly help with the first impressions of folks walking thru the front door. And painting is one of the cheapest ways to get a fresh look.

Please feel free to give me a call 512-639-8838 if you would like another set of eyes on the project. I am in the throes of remodeling my home in the neighborhood, too.
Your money is well spent to improve the kitchens and the bathrooms. It really depends on what your overall plan is. If your plan is to flip it and sell it, or to live in it long term. People now, really like an open floorplan, if your property is conducive to open up.

Remember, I'll be happy to walk through and provide advice anytime.

Annette Montgomery
512 630 4038
Kitchen and bathrooms are the way to go. Landscaping may also be a great way to add value and curb appeal! Visit an open house or two in your area, to see what is selling, so you don't go "over-board" when selecting the materials and upgrades for your house. If you would like to see what is actively on the market (your competition) or what has recently sold, call me-I can help! Terri Salyer 512.632.3761; tbhah@kw.com
Updating the kitchen and bathrooms is probably the most important. Most buyers do not want to do updates unless they are getting a great deal. If I can help give you further advice please give me a call. Suzanne Bergmann (512) 639-9438 (I also live in Serenada -- I can share with you what we are doing to improve our home's value)
I could do a much better job of advising you if I've seen your house. Would you be willing to let me help you that way? It costs you nothing! You can call me at 512 635 2117 or email Carla@CarlaPennington.com

Decluttered and sparkling clean is the first order of business. Depending on how much you really need to do, sometimes it's better to just lower the price and sell as is. To invest big bucks into partial updating and renovation is typically not recoverable.

Paint is relatively cheap to make things clean and neutral. With a bigger budget, kitchens and baths are the areas that make or break a lot of sales.

As well as a full time, no pressure Realtor, I'm also an Accredited Staging Professional and would be happy to help!
PAINTING INSIDE OUT, GIVE ME A CALL AND I WILL BE GLAD WALK THREW MY SUGGESTIONS WITH YOU.

Les Taylor 512-818-6366