Home Selling in El Segundo>Question Details

ritagingras, Home Buyer in El Segundo, CA

For Sale By Buyer

Asked by ritagingras, El Segundo, CA Sun Jul 21, 2013

What is the best way to maximize my presence marketing my home?

Answers

13
Ritagingras,
If you find every available site that accepts For Sale By Owner listings and manually upload your home, descriptions and pictures you might reach 10% of the active buyers. Why, because the majority of buyers search sites fed by the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
Your local MLS is owned and controlled by it's members, who happen to be licensed agents. Licensed agents want to earn a living, so they don't do much with FSBO's.
You can sell on your own, but chances are you will run into issues that cause even licensed experienced agents difficulties. Chances are also good that the buyer looking for a FSBO will want to "save" the commission too, so they will offer you less. Here's the problem, if you save the commission and they save the commission, where did it go? If you sell for 4% to 6% below what a great agent would get you, did you really save anything, or did you take on the risk, liability and trouble for nothing?
Now, I'm not eligible to be your agent, so this advice has no benefit in it for me, but I'm convinced that a great agent is worth more than whatever commission you pay them and a bad one, or none at all can cost you way more than just the commission you hope to save. Reconsider and interview some great agents, only pick the best.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 21, 2013
You need Advertising, and you need it where the professional Realtors look. That is on the MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 19, 2013
It sound a little strange for sale by buyer , so are you looking to purchase rental property, You can purchase a rental home then rent it out, I am here to help Lisa McCracken 323-338-0123
Hi Rita,

- Best way to market home is to be competitively priced. Know the recent sales in your immediate area and price home on market value.

- Staging you home for sale is important. Attached staging ideas:
http://yourwestsidehomes.com/Staging.html

- Seller Guidelines:
http://yourwestsidehomes.com/For_Sellers.html

If I can be of any further assistance please call.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty Marina del Rey
310.853.9933
Dear Rita,
After answering your question, I took a look at your photos. Very beautiful, and nice job. The only thing I would suggest is to have an option for interested buyers to contact you. If you would need any additional help, you can reach me at 310-737-8173 or email info@KimAndKristine.com
Ask for me, Kim, I handle the listings and marketing for our team, and would be happy to discuss with you. No pressure, I love marketing homes and would be happy to share my resources with you.
Cheers,
Kim
p.s. I love El Segundo, and The Soup Bar on Grand is one of my favorites!
Hi Rita,
The best way is to make sure you have your home listed on all the major real estate websites. With over 85% of buyers searching for their home online, having professional photography with over 25 photos is a must. Have print advertising in the Los Angeles Times, and a mail campaign to your neighborhood (neighbors always have friends & family wanting to live nearby). In addition to great marketing, and photography having your home priced to attract multiple offers is crucial. Lastly, make sure buyers can get in to see your home. Have open houses, and have times to schedule private showings for buyers and their agents.
If you are interested in working with a professional who will do all of the above for you, call me at 310-737-8173.
Best Success,
Kim Halverson
Hire a Professional Realtor who knows the area. If you would like me to suggest a couple of realtors in your area let me know. My number is 31-=2202413
I think you meant to say for sale by owner (not for sale by buyer). Trulia doesn't allow FSBO's to be marketed on this site. You would need to list your home with a licensed real estate professional to have your home appear on this site. A REALTOR® is your best option anyway. Statistics have shown time and time again that the seller usually nets more money when the home is told thru a professional.
Ritagingras,

Consider a Realtor because your time, effort, liability, and lack of access to the majority of buyers will be worth paying a commission. Also to have someone guide you and provide you with all the required disclosures, negotiate for you, should be a huge relief to you.

Listing a property with me give you a syndication listing to 30-40 of the top real estate websites for maximum exposure and for a quick sale.
Feel free to contact me if you want to find out if you have priced your home properly.

Tony Warfield
Assoc. Broker
3 Leaf Realty
Manhattan Beach
(310) 634-9342
I often support fsbo's by offering support service.s That said, I find it ironic that we are asking Realtors for help in selling by yourself!!

If you want the expertise of someone that does this everyday, hire a Realtor!
By using a Realtor!
Please feel free to give me a call and I'd be happy to walk you through the process so you can understand exactly what your in for.
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor/ Coldwell Banker
(310) 600-4240
Susan@SusanBour.com
Hi Rita. You may already know marketing your home on Trulia.com and several other online real estate websites are essential. Many "For Sale By Owners (FSBO's)" who uses my listing service knows that their home gets the maximum online marketing exposure by being listed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). I asked all my buyers where they look for their homes and they all told me either a particular company's website or several of the real estate company's websites. Well, guess where these real estate websites get the listing information from? The MLS. You'll get more inquiries, showings, and offers when you list your home on the MLS. Good luck and please let me know if you have any other questions.
hire a great listing agent like me!