Er Princess, Home Seller in 90041

Experienced realtor who's snobbing, insulting but good at selling homes?

Asked by Er Princess, 90041 Tue Jun 16, 2009

If you know a community realtor of the area you are trying to sell your home but she's extremely rude, insulting and a snob but extremely quick in selling homes, should I still use her to help me. If she is rude to me what about potential buyers! Do I put my pride aside or go with respectful human dignity? She is well known so I don't want to use her name her face is plasted everywhere.

Answers

17
Nico’s answer
OMG... i think you're talking about my broker!!!! she's a real b-word... my advice is to not sign with her... i made the mistake and went with mine... my house is in escrow but it probably would have been without her anyway... sometimes i wonder who she's working for, me or the buyer... she even tried to slip through a 'shorter than agreed on' escrow date... i'm on this site today trying to get answers on things i need to know because i don't trust her... all i can say is talk to several brokers and make a decision on what your gut tells you... not her rep...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 26, 2009
I can't believe that. Really?

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 12, 2011
Hi Er,

If she's rude to you and she's rude to other agents, that should give you an indication that perhaps she isn't the right agent for you. I try to avoid people who aren't curteous and professional. Sometimes you don't have a choice as an agent, but as the client you absolutely have a choice. I would interview other agents and see how you feel about their professionalism and style and whether it meshes with you. Best of luck!

Jodie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 23, 2009
Don't list with an Agent you don't like. Life is too short and escrows are too long.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 18, 2009
This Agent doesn't sound very nice. I would recommend interviewing a few Agents & finding the one that you are comfortable with. Anyone who has been in the business long enough to know it will sell your home.
Web Reference: http://www.PETERTESTA.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 16, 2009
Nobody wants to deal with an extremely rude agent. I would not want someone representing me to be rude or insulting. That just makes me look bad. At the end of the day you have the final say on what price you sell your home for, so pick someone fun to work with and you will be happier at the end
0 votes Thank Flag Link Yesterday at 11:28am
Hello There,
Just came across this question a couple of years after you posted it. I'm wondering who you decided to go with. I know exactly the agent you are talking about. I'm a Realtor and Eagle Rock is one of the areas I focus on. My clients just bought one of her listings and even though I had heard what you've said above about her, she was very professional and easy to work with. The transaction was clean, simple and painless. I hope that if you did go with her, your experience was as good as mine.
Hi ER Princess,

There's the barracuda who takes no prisoners, the no nonsense businessperson, and the handholding mother hen. The question is how you like to be treated, how you work best with an agent and how you want your transaction to be handled. However, there's usually a hard and soft side to each of us. For example, I have a southern accent and choose to adopt a friendly approach. However, if someone tries to pull one over on me or my client, my teeth come out. As one of my clients said, "You come across all friendly and sweet, but I've seen you become a real steel magnolia when you need to."

The agent who is super fast and seemingly unkind could do you a favor by getting your house sold in a very efficient time as opposed to other houses on the market. The one kind of agent you do need to stay away from is the unethical one, or the one who makes your life absolutely miserable, where the means don't justify the end.

In the end, it all comes down to pricing, and experience teaches us agents how to price the house appropriately so it will sell for the most money in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of inconvenience to our clients. This has been a tough market for years now, and no one is going to feel particularly exhilarated. It's more a "can I live with this" attitude on the part of both the seller and the buyer. I hope you found the right Realtor for you and that you're off somewhere enjoying your new life!

Best wishes,

Diane McDonald
Keller Williams Realty, Los Feliz
dianemcdon@aol.com
323-236-4369
I think I know exactly who you are talking about. Short haired older lady?

If that is her then yeah, she's pretty good in all honesty. Good tech-edge and well connected in Eagle Rock. But snobby, pretentious and not a lot of fun to deal with.

Of course, I have the lowest time on market for any listing in Eagle Rock this year for income properties (full price, 40 hours). So I would say that I am equally well-connected and not such a snob. I'll sell your property, give me a call

310 709 8283.

http://www.skyminor.com
Web Reference: http://www.skyminor.com
What sells a home is price and marketing. You may want to consider working with someone you feel comfortable with. Communication and cooperation is very important. There are a lot of great agents, I suggest interview 2-3 agents and make your decision from there.

Best of luck.

Dawn Welch
Realtor, CDPE"Certified Distress Property Expert"
RE/MAX Marquee Partners
323-253-6884
Email: DawnWelch4Homes@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://DawnWelch4Homes.com
How funny! Well..you have to have some respect for the agent you are working with because it could take a few months to sell your home, they will be selling your home and giving you adivice, and you will be working with this person.
I personally dislike having to "walk on eggshells" with someone because of their personality defects and I particulary dislike doing this when I am paying them!.
There are So many excellent agents out there with pleasing personalities..why work with someone who rubs you the wrong way? I'm sure you can find someone to work with that will make the entire process a pleasure for you!
best of Luck to you!
Her being well known will not help your house sell faster. Correct pricing and good marketing will. You should use someone that will make the process as stress free as possible for you.
Er Princess,

I can't add anything more than what the agents have, except for a link to my blog on selecting an agent. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/12/i_ve_got_my_fin…
Er,

This is your home and the identity of the listing agent is entirely up to you. Is this about Pride or compromising your values? Could there be more to this? If you use her, how will this impact your life?

Our recommendation is to not make a decision until you have evaluated other possibilities and determined if there are other worhty considerations. This may offer you the information necessary to make an informed decision that will allow you to to what is right.

The answer is there .....but it's up to you to find it.

Hi Princess
You should definitely use an agent that makes you feel 100% comfortable no matter how fast the sale. Always go with dignity!! :)
Also, you should interview more than one agent to sell your home...a second opinion could never hurt, and could be well worth it. And Eagle Rock is a VERY hot area so your home should move pretty quickly with any pro agent!!

Give me a call or email
310-694-2288
Nicole@EstateLivingLA.com
Hi Er Princess,

My take on the situation is that you should list with an agent with whom you're comfortable. There's no reason to be overly concerned about the neighborhood agent. She may sell your home - just not in the capacity that you imagined. As a buyer's agent, she could present an offer that you accept.

David
David@DavidLukeHomes.com
If you need a second opinion give me a call! Im from Hawaii originally and have much Aloha to share lol. Just because she is well known doesnt mean your personalties mix good together! I have excellent references also well known and always have a smile!

Jonelle Bechard