Home Selling in Tallahassee>Question Details

Virginie Mag…, Home Seller in Tallahassee, FL

Everyone says interview several agents. OK but How?

Asked by Virginie Maggiotti, Tallahassee, FL Thu Oct 27, 2011

So far I have been quite unsuccessful with my Realtor search. Between the one that I like but isn't answering my messages anymore, the one that said "if you are interviewing other realtors, I suggest you give the listing to them" and the one that claim 25 years experience when I know as a fact he is in the business only for 7 years. How do I find someone that gets the job done (not just claiming he is a top producer), is professional, honest and give the time and advice I need, and most of all take this seriously.

Answers

8
Again, seriously just call me at 850-559-5388. I'd be glad to help you set up interviews with other Realtors. I promise you, you will never get that treatment from me. I pride myself on giving outstanding Customer Service which means, among other things, being available anytime a Customer needs me, and always doing what I tell you that I will do. Please call me. You will be glad you did!! Thanks, Rick Samuelsen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 27, 2011
Seller,
Honestly, I would never have imagined a home owner would have difficulty attracting several agents to interview. We all spend a bushel of money to create just such an opportunity.

It is really hard for me to fathom a Florida real estate agent dismissing a home seller is such a way. I can only imagine you have connected with an agent who has been sucked down the bank owned property hole where the consequence is customer service is an archaic notation of the past.

Looking on the other side of the coin, their responses has revealed EVERYTHING you need to know to make a decision....unless of course you like abuse.

Visit ReMax.com or walk into the nearest franchise and have the broker identify a SOLO agent with less than 10 listings. It sounds like you want to team up with a productive agent who will look after your best interests and has your back. In a SOLO operation, there is no passing the buck, or confusing who is doing what.

Without a doubt, the agent you want representing you is one who looks forward to showing their value, who recognizes their ability to reach the outcome most beneficial to you and will exploit the unfair advantage of their organization for your benefit.

I trust your next phone calls will have much different outcomes.

Oh, don't what to make phone calls! Put a FSBO sign with your # in your front yard. The agents will call you.

Need more help, give me a call.
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
727. 420. 4041
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 28, 2011
Real Estate Agents can be a frustrating bunch, I understand - I am one and work with them everyday!

It sounds to me like you may be worried about getting 'locked in' to a relationship with an agent you later are not satisfied with. One way to avoid this is to ensure that the agent (or hopefully, team of agents) you DO hire has a satisfaction guarantee. For example, our listing specialist Kenley discusses our policy with each client when beginning to market their home. If at any point the Seller is dis-satisfied with our services, we first ask them to communicate their concerns to us. If after discussion we can't remedy the problem we are happy to terminate the listing agreement and allow the client to be released from obligation to us. Less than 1/10 of 1% of customers choose to do this, and I think that's a testament to our team's effectiveness and service!

If you'd like to discuss it further please call our listing specialist, Kenley Stringer, at 320-7653. He'll be happy to help!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 27, 2011
Hi Fyfi,

This is a terrible representation of our profession. If you are still not having any luck, I can find one for you in the RE/MAX network. Feel free to email or call me. Also, I'm attaching a link to the 6 questions you should ask any agent your are considering hiring to sell your home.

Best of Luck,
Judi
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 27, 2011
Who did you use to buy the house?

Studies have shown the best brokers are the independent guys who have one or two people in their office. they are the most experienced and need to pay the rent on their office so they work their behinds off. An agent from a big office can do a good job too just the odds are better with an owner broker kind of person.

I would also say that a discount broker is almost always a mistake. If they do not think they are worth the money, they probably have a good reason for thinking that. Smaller commissions make it harder to get the other agents to participate in helping sell your house. If a thousand people are trying to sell your house it is much more effective than if just the one guy you hired is doing so.
Here is an idea, go on toyour Facebook page and several nights in a row post "who has had a good experience with a realtor in Tallahassee?" Call those and interview them. Second idea, on the trulia green bar above, the last tab reads "Find A Pro", use that also. Like with everything you buy, don't choose the cheapest or the most expensive, go for the middle. Go for the one not afraid to tell you things you don't want to hear. Its not the company that will sell the home, is the agent, so don't be brainwashed by I work for So and So, the big label.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty.
Have you gotten any recommendations from people that you know and respect? You might try asking around for a recommendation and then check this Realtor out online and in person. It's always a good idea to ask if your Realtor has a Cancellation Guarantee where you can cancel the listing with no penalty if things aren't working out. A top notch Realtor is not afraid to do this as long as you both have realistic expectations about the process and discuss the best way to communicate with each other. It's a challenging real estate market so it's good to have someone who will be straightforward with you and give you good advice that you can count on.
i'm sorry for the agent that isn't answering your messages anymore. you can't fix rudeness...but feel free to give me a call at patty wilson - 850.284.9321 - and we can discuss your wants/needs more thoroughly over the phone or i can send you a resume...let me know.