Home Selling in Philadelphia>Question Details

Tycash, Home Seller in 07081

Does the selling agent usually procure mortgage payoff statements for a client who is selling before closing as part of their service?

Asked by Tycash, 07081 Fri May 13, 2011

The selling agent for my condo is asking me to procure mortgage payoff statements for next week's closing. Is it normal for the client to have to do it themselves? She claims she can't do it, because she accidently lost the original mortgage info I gave her. I'm just interested in what most selling agents do for their clients.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Tycash,

tell her that you will get it BUT you will not be willing to pay for any conveyancing fees

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
I agree. You really need to have some conveyancing services done, but it won't be necessary for you to pay for them. I would talk to them and work out some deal like Alan has suggested. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you! http://www.prsconveyancing.com.au
Flag Mon Oct 6, 2014
Conveyancing Department usually orders payoff from mortgage company. Information about mortgage payoff should be filled out when seller signs a Listing agreement.
Web Reference: http://www.drhanh.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Good Afternoon,

We have a conveyancing department in our Philadelphia area that would get the payoff from the mortgage company, with the owners consent first.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Yes, in my office we have a conveyancing department which handles this.
Web Reference: http://www.c21forrester.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Hi! most offices have a Conveyancing department that handles these matters for the Under contract properties,also the Title Company would have to have the info for Hud 1 at settlement. and they usually follow through in getting the final payoff figures for the settlement. Sellers usually, are asked for that contact information ( Mtg Co. & Phone #'s and estimated payoff amount) when taking the listing agreement.by their Agent. If the papers are lost, You may have to do it! Hope this helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Sometimes, yes. Usually it is the Title company that does that though here in AZ.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
I always order the mortgage payoff thru my conveyance office.
Web Reference: http://www.jimmyzanaras.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer