Julie, Both Buyer and Seller in Chicago, IL

Does anyone know the average time on the market for a 2bed plus den townhome in River West?

Asked by Julie, Chicago, IL Thu Jul 24, 2008

Answers

3
Hello Julie,

It depends on how you plan to price it.

If it shows well and you price it to get a lot of buyer attention, you should be able to get an offer within a couple weeks in this market.

The buyer demand in Chicago is so high that some sellers are pricing right at the expected value and then get multiple offers resulting in a bidding war with a selling price above asking.

Just let me know if you would like some help.

John Meyers, Meyers Realty
e: JohnMeyers@MeyersRealty1.com
c: 847-533-7115
This was an old post but I still get many clients looking for that rare 2 bed plus den in River West because it's close to downtown but you don't have to deal with the congestion and lack of parking availability. In general the inventor in River West for a 2+den and true 3 bedroom is very low. If you are looking to sell in this area you should not expect to have it on the market more than 30days. Please call me for a free comparative market analysis if you would like to sell or purchase in River West, West Town or Ukrainian Village! Mary 312-315-5469
RIght now the average time for a 2-3 bedroom condo on the market in the larger area of West Town is 132 days.

Our MLS average market data does not allow for search by type of condo (townhouse v. regular condo) or at least I cannot figure out how. A lot of agents and customers have different boundaries for River West. If you tell the boundaries you want specifically I can run the data that way.

Eric Marcus
ESM Realty
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
773-244-1110
Really depends on how it is priced, if it is priced right it should go right away. There is a very limited listings in River North right now
Flag Thu Dec 26, 2013