Mendrette24, Renter in Chicago, IL

Does anyone have recommendations for well experienced short sale agents in Chicago?

Asked by Mendrette24, Chicago, IL Mon Jul 23, 2012

Answers

6
Tony Mitidiero’s answer
I ran a fairly sizeable RE/MAX office in the southern suburbs for about 4 years 2007-2011. In that time period, as I'm sure you're aware, the market changed dramatically. I was faced with the challenge of learning this new business and educating and insuring my agents had the proper resources to handle this new type of business.
In that my background is in mortgage lending I felt I had an advantage over many other real estate brokers. I understood more about what various lenders would be interested in looking at to determine whether or not a short-sale would be approved, but lacked proper experience in effectively communicating this information to them. Coming from this perspective, I proceeded to learn as much about effectively communicating to the lenders as possible while getting our agents the education the lenders deemed relevant to the transactions.
During this period I (like most all other brokers responsible for an office) was approached by every Tom Dick and Harry who claimed to be an 'expert' in short sales interested in serving our office and agents with their clients short-sale needs. Whether they were attorney's, title companies, investors, or other agents I found many to be utterly incompetent and those who where competent would eventually get overwhelmed and become ineffective.
I would share my experiences with other managing brokers and get their input on what worked for them. Out of this process, a friend of mine (a broker/owner in Chicago) actually became one of the best I have ever seen work short sales. I don't believe he had any intention of actually doing so many, but it was purely out of an interest to understand them better to serve his agents. They have now become his primary business and he has built the infrastructure necessary to continually provide his clients adequate support they need. I am aware of many agents who are happy to forward him their short sales as a result. I'd be happy to refer you to him.

Tony Mitidiero
RE/MAX Synergy
P. 708-259-3734
At Century 21 SGR, Inc., we have some of the best in the business in our office, agents that are in the top 1% in sales in Illinois. While I do not specialize in short sales myself, I am happy to refer you to an excellent agent that specializes in distressed properties. Feel free to contact me.

Brian Bleers
Century 21 SGR, Inc.
(630) 414-5373
brian.bleers@century21.com
Hi Mendrette24,

I am able to refer a highly competent short sale agent to you!

Anyone with the same question, don't hesitate to contact me!

Tom
I know of 2 great agents I could refer you to if you are still looking!

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-470-6830 office
630-330-2229 cell
http://www.qualitymortgage4you.com
The Straub Milito Group at Coldwell Banker do an awesome job. They did about 200 short sales last year. You can visit them at http://straubmilitogroup.com/marketing-services/short-sale-p…
Hey there!

You can check out all kinds of recommendations recommendations by clicking on the Find a Pro tab on the top right bar of this page.

Ali, Community Manager