Home Selling in Raleigh>Question Details

Wanttomove, Both Buyer and Seller in Raleigh, NC

Does anyone have experience with Marketplace Homes rent-to-own program? Someone who has actually renewed with them? Thanks

Asked by Wanttomove, Raleigh, NC Tue Jul 12, 2011

I am considering going with Marketplace Homes' rental/lease program and want to hear from others who have used them and who have renewed after the first year agreement. I am concerned that the first year rental amount is sufficient but then they drop it substantially in the following year(s) and you are stuck in a bind with dropping them and having to go another option (and then have two mortgages on your hands).

Answers

2
Venita Peyton’s answer
I agree with Tom that you may want to be cautious. Regardless of who the renter is (or their intent) you will be liable for two mortgages. I'd love to meet you for coffee to look at your whole picture.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
Rent to own programs may not be the best alternative for potential buyers. Renting alone then buy when you are ready.

Read the blog below for more info on Rent to Own programs

Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011