Home Selling in Salem>Question Details

KP, Both Buyer and Seller in 01970

Does anyone have any thoughts on a good Flat Fee MLS listing service? I'm in the Red about 10K on my condo and would prefer to keep agent costs

Asked by KP, 01970 Fri Aug 6, 2010

low. Does anyone have any thoughts on a good Flat Fee MLS listing service? I'm in the Red about 10K on my condo and would prefer to keep agent fees low if possible. Happy to talk to any brokers as well in the Salem, MA area that would be open to a creative/tiered fee structure. Would really like to keep fee to broker at the lower of 4% or $10,000. Live at the Pickman Condos in Salem, I can expect about $245-250K for my condo based on my updates and comps and a recent appraisal.

Answers

4
KP
So, just so I am clear, your thought is that if you can find a Realtor who will work for below market compensation, then you will net the most (or lose the least) when you sell, is that correct?

Think about it.

A Realtor that will agree to work at a discount...off the bat, as a preliminary point of asking "why you should hire me?" well, you might want to interview a couple of Realtors and compare.

Just looking at the link below, your market appears to be declining. So, just my humble opinion, but what if you are wrong with your assessment of market value. Most owners think their homes are worth more than they are, and in a declining market, the goes double. BTW, an appraisal is not the same as a market analysis (it depends on the purpose of the appraisal. If the market is headed down, which it appears to be, then an appraisal , which is based on closed sales, lags the market conditions and overstates the value).

Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I think its best if you find someone you like and can trust first and then see if they would be willing to be negotiable with the commission. If not, you may have to keep looking until you feel comfortable that they have your best interest at hand.
I am a Realtor here in Salem and I would be happy to talk further with you about this, I am open to the terms you have laid out in your post, feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.erikguzzo.com
Keep in mind that all commissions are negotiable between you and your agent--there are no set standards-- when choosing any flat fee realty company, do shop around and choose the one with the most to offer.