Jml, Other/Just Looking in Virginia Beach, VA

Does Home Staging really help to sell your home much faster, get a better price and look better? Would you recommend doing it?

Asked by Jml, Virginia Beach, VA Sat Dec 29, 2012

I was wondering if doing a home staging will make a difference in how fast and how much money I would get when selling my house. Will the cost of home staging be recovered in extra selling price for the house? On an average how much should I be looking to spend for this service?

Answers

13
Maria Cipollone’s answer
Cleaning, fresh coat of paint, curb appeal, listing your property at the right price and home staging will help to sell your home faster than the other properties in the same area. I have seller that they sold their home after a week on the market. Yes, definitely, will be a big help to do it.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone
Century 21 Tenace
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Staged homes sell faster and generally for more money. There are a lot of buyers that don’t have vision. Staging a home creates a clear vision for a perspective purchaser. If the vision is clear enough and enticing, a buyer will respond with an offer and usually with a higher offer, because this is a home they don’t want to lose.

When you look at new construction, builders could sell empty homes or homes with bare furnishings. However, builders have learned that staged homes create a vision for buyers and more money.
Since I believe condition is one of the greater qualities buyers are looking for in a home, I would certainly say.... YES! A home that is staged and shows like a model is going to sell quicker than one that hasn't been done. Buyers need to focus on the home, it's size and what their things will look like in the home. An empty home needs staging to show buyers how furniture will fit. On the other hand, if the home has been lived in for many years and there's a lot of stuff in it, buyers get overwhelmed looking at the stuff and not looking at the home. Stage it...It will pay off in the long run.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
I am excited to help. I often recommend staging to my seller clients. There are many reasons why you would want to hire a professional staging firm. If the house is empty, you will want to make the house look warm and inviting. If the house is been lived in for a long period of time...... with many things aquired of time, you might need some help to declutter. Sometimes it is hard to figure out, as a home owner, what should stay and what should go. I seek out the assistance of Graham Services 100 % of the time and I would recommend them to you also. Your home will sell quicker and probably for more money if it is dressed up. I can offer you my 12 years experience and answer any other question that you might have. Call me at 754 8498

Ron Clark, Associate Broker, Graduate of the REALTORS Institute
William E Wood and Associates
http://www.ronclark.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Thank you so much. I will keep that in mind.
Flag Sat Dec 29, 2012
I advise all my seller clients to consider home staging. Professionally stage homes drive up perceived value of the buyer and sell faster and for more money than comparable non stage homes. A quick home selling lesson; Homes sell within a price range, not at a fixed price. This is why one of your neighbor houses may sell for $400k and another for $435k and they were very similar if not identical. There are over 100 variables in the home selling process that have to be expertly managed and will ultimately determine the price you get for your home. Your home can sell at the top of the price range, the middle, or the bottom. If you add home staging to an effective marketing plan then you increase your chances of selling at the top of the price range greatly. However, all real estate agents are not created equally so staging your home without working with an Expert Advisor on how to capitalize off the home being stage will just be a waist of your money. If you do not trust your real estate agents competence, do not do it. They may just be getting tips from an office mate and have no clue how to position the property correctly. They must have an understanding of how to utilize professional staging as a tool to differentiate your home from others on the market.

Staging a home will not help you sell an overprice home either. It will help you sell a well price home faster and at the top of the price range vs the bottom.

Its not the single activity of staging a home but a professional stage home in conjunction with a proven home selling system. Our certified home selling system sell homes faster and for more than others marketing methods. Check out the link to our 10min video and grab some ideas to help you along the way.
Web Reference: http://www.naea.com/chsavip
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Great feedback. Thank you.
Flag Sat Dec 29, 2012
There are many different levels of staging and the prices vary according to how much work is needed, but it is definitely worth the money if you want your home to sell quickly and for a higher price. If you need help finding someone to stage your home, or help you stage it yourself (YES, it can be done yourself), please give me a call! 757-563-DAWN

http://www.DawnMovesMilitary.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
I definitely think staging helps sell my renovated houses. While the fact they are completely renovated and upgraded in every aspect, the fact they look like a home definitely helps. Our houses typically sell on average in 14 days. Not only does it help you sell fast, but usually it helps you get asking price. It's an emotional sell. Sometimes the new buyer wants to buy the furniture too.

I pay $1,250 for 3 months worth of staging. A full stage, furniture in every room. Some stagers are out of line in their pricing in my opinion. If you are paying anymore more than $1,000 - $1,400 for staging I feel you are being overcharged. Most stagers will apply some sort of monthly rental charge too in most cases. So look for that also.

I attribute staging as to why I get 98% of my asking price on average. Look for stagers that work for investors, they tend to be the reasonably priced ones.

Drew Hitt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Absolutely Home Staging works. I got a listing recently that could not sell for 6 months during the spring. I hired a stager and we got a contract on it in 7 days. If you need an excellent stager, please let me know. I'm Claudine with Keller Williams at 757-809-2525. See the link below for pictures of the staged home.

http://rein.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=136773…

Look forward to working with you to get your home sold at top dollar!

Claudine L. Ellis, Broker
REALTOR®, ABR, CMP, CRS, CSP, GRI, MCSP, MIRM, SFR, CDPE, BS, MA
757.809.2525
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Staging definitely makes a difference in your days on market. I'll be happy to provide statistics. the cost depends on if you're staging the entire house or if you're just manipulating what is there by adding or removing items
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Home staging always help a home sell faster and generally brings a better offer. The more welcoming a home appears when a buyer comes into the home, the better. It is the old adage of never getting a second chance to make a great first impression. Pricing will vary. Always talk to your real estate professional for a referral to one or two stagers for their pricing opinions.
The two most important issues you have control over when you are trying to sell your home is photography and home staging. If you were trying to sell your car would you wash it and wax it? Its that simple, home buyers are young and starting their family, they are in the crux of their career and if they could move into a home which is already freshly painted and floors are shined and glossed they are willing to pay more for the convenience. Appraisers are also willing to give you a few extra dollars for a well cared for home.
Guiding people about
Every home should be staged to some degree. Even if the seller is still living there, it's important to make the home as de-personalized as possible by de-cluttering. A buyer should be able to walk in and visualize themselves living there. Fresh paint, deep cleaning, and spiffing up the exterior are also extremely important. Pricing on staging depends on the size of your house and what you want the stager to do. Remember, they are looking at a lot of homes and you want yours to stand out!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013