Missj, Home Seller in Residence Park, Dayton...

Do you think it is a good time to sell property in Dayton near Good Sam Hosp (Jun 09) or Do would you rent?

Asked by Missj, Residence Park, Dayton, OH Wed Jul 22, 2009

3 bdrm/1 bath

Answers

4
Julie Beall’s answer
this question can only be answered if a professional tours your property, even if it is a drive by. It takes a little homework to give each property a correct opinion. EVERY property and area is different. Call a FULL time agent with a CRS designation and they will help you. I own property too, some I would sell and some I would not.
Missj
It's always a good time to sell if you get the right price.
One strategy I use is to put the house on the market for sale and for rent. The first one who qualify and who will pay your price. That's what you do.
If you get a tenant first, the house probably will be worth more in a few years.
To be sure this is oversimplified, but it is the solution that's worked well for me for many years.
And of course I am a trained real estate specialist so it may be easier for me. Consult a knowledgable Realtor in your area for more details or write back.
Good luck!!
Miss J,

It all depends on the property. It is true that it is a buyers market right now, but the inventory is starting to drop and if the property is marketable it really is a good time. Let me explain. There are a lot of listings on the market right now that has been on the market for a very long time. There are a lot of reasons why these properties have not sold, but it is not because there aren't any buyers. I can tell you about a number of properties that have sold within 90 days. There are some that even sold within a week. It's a matter of the condition of the house and the price. Homes that are in great condition and priced right will sell within 90 days.
Missj,

I would say it depends on your plans. If you can wait to sell, that is what I would do and rent it out in the meantime. If you are in a situation where you can easily move where you need to go without selling, you can buy a home and keep this as a rental property, build equity while the market turns around.

Let me know I can help.
Laurie Scalf