Home Selling in 19145>Question Details

haregewain, Both Buyer and Seller in Philadelphia, PA

Do you have to have a special license to be a Property Management?

Asked by haregewain, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jan 8, 2013

Can you manage someones property for a fee and manage the property, have open house, rent and manage.

Help the community by answering this question:


Good evening,

Rental management needs to be handle by a Real Estate Brokerage if you are looking to charge a fee for those services and you yourself is an agent. In fact, a Real Estate licensee cannot manage property on their own either. They may be allowed to assist or even handle the day to day duties but the management contract itself will be held by that specific RE office not the agent themselves. You can however, work for a management company as a property manager but you will still need to hang your RE license in that specific office where you provide that management service. But, if you are a individual investor/owner you can do your own management of those units without the need to hold a RE license. Hopefully, this gave you some insight for the question you presented. If you would like more info on this topic or any other RE concerns feel free to contact me directly to discuss.


Chris Lane-Pa Licensed Realtor
Exit Benchmark Realty
441 E Girard Ave
Philadelphia, Pa. 19125
Make everyday payday with "Residuals"---Join Exit Today!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 8, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer