Home Selling in Houston>Question Details

Michele Whit…, Real Estate Pro in Houston, TX

Do you have to be licensed to negotiate a Short Sale in Texas?

Asked by Michele Whitley, Houston, TX Tue Apr 2, 2013

I am a real estate agent who would like to hire an assistant to negotiate with the bank on short sales, does she need to be licensed?

Help the community by answering this question:


Any negotiations, be they short sales, foreclosures or conventional purchases must be conducted by licensed agents. I would check with all sources listed by the others who've responded ... but I can guarantee that a non-licensed assistant cannot be an active participant in the sales process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Any negotiation of price has to be done by a licensed real estate agent. You will want to address these questions with your broker or TREC yourself to get more detailed information on what a non-licensed assistant can and cannot do on your behalf.

Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Everything in Real Estate is pretty much regulated by Trec. Please visit their website for confirmation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013

You might want to call the TAR hotline

Legal hotline - 800/873-9155

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer