Home Selling in Denver>Question Details

Fsbo, Home Seller in Denver, CO

Do you have to be a realtor to list a home for sale? Are there FSBO (for sale by owner) options?

Asked by Fsbo, Denver, CO Sun Jul 19, 2009

Answers

10
After reading your question again, I thought I'd clarify one point. You do have to be a Realtor to put a home in the MLS system - which is the most powerful marketing tool in the arsenal. There are some agents who will put homes in the MLS for an up-front fee, then the owner takes care of the showings, contracts, negotiations, etc. after that. (Called an entry-only listing.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
As an agent who works with buyers, I'll give you a couple tips. First, all the FSBOs I've shown were way over-priced, so be careful with that. Second, figure out a way to make it easy to set showings. If buyers can't get in when they want to, they'll just move on, and they will find something else. And do try not to be home for showings, it just makes buyers uncomfortable. Best of luck to you - I'm working with a few buyers right now, feel free to let me know about your house once you decide what you want to do.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
Fsbo,
You can absolutely list your own home. You can use zillow.com, trulia.com and fsbo.com to promote it. Most people chose not to list their homes themselves because during the sale process they want assistance with marketing/promotion and during the contract portion they want assistance with legalities and negotiation. Best of luck!
Derrek
303-470-9880
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
Hi FSBO,

You can list your home "for sale by owner" on my site. Click on the following link;

http://www.denvercoloradorealestatenow.com/page/48586/SellYo…

If you have questions about the process or about the Denver real esate market in general, I will be glad to answer you free of charge and for no obligation.

Ethan Besser
Realty Xpress
303-856-8980
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 19, 2009
Hello, this is a common question sellers have. There are many websites to list your home, just Google "sell by owner" and you will find some major sites. You can also try listing with a flat fee broker in your area.

For the most exposure you will need to list on the MLS to get on realtor.com, but there are other ways to get on that website and even on Trulia.com. Realtors are working with lots of buyers, so offer them a competitive commission if you list on the local MLS.

Best of luck selling!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 19, 2009
So Fsbo.............if you're still out there................you asked this back in July - did you ever sell??
fsbo call center is the best option
Hello FSBO - No you don't need a Realtor to list your home. If you choose to go this route, please email or phone me and I can offer up some marketing tactics for you while you continue to sell your home yourself. What have you got to lose? Regards-
FSBO,

You do not have to be a Realtor to list a home for sale (hence the term FSBO). However, I am one of many Realtors that use Trulia to market properties for sale, and I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about listing your home.

One reason why you would consider using a Realtor instead of listing the home For Sale By Owner, is that Realtors will not only place your home on Trulia but also enter the home in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), as well as dozens of other real estate related websites.

And just like you would use a professional to handle any other major events in your life, you should rely on a Realtor to guide you through the home selling process. In fact, a vast majority of FSBOs eventually turn to a Realtor after many moths of frustration on their own.

Give me a call so we can discuss your situation in more detail.

John Keene
Keller Williams
303-547-7578
You have to be agent/broker represented to be in the listing section, however you may place an ad complete with video, photos and links in the blog section. While I'm on the subject of the blog section, you might be interested in my blog. The link is below. Good luck.