Home Selling in Ocean Ridge>Question Details

James, Home Seller in Ocean Ridge, FL

Do you have buyers for three million $ pool home, new, ICW, dock, ocean& beach access in Ocean Ridge, FL?

Asked by James, Ocean Ridge, FL Fri Jun 6, 2008

Answers

4
Dear James.

If you haven't sold your home...
Sotheby's International Realty, the world’s leading international luxury real estate firm with offices in 44 countries and over 12,000 luxury agents worldwide. Immediate world-wide exposure is a key element in selling a property quickly in today’s ever-changing real estate market.

We have amassed a rather extensive list of affluent real estate buyers and investors from across the globe. Please let me know the best time and phone number to reach out to you. Or you can call me anytime on my at 561.819.2958.

Have a beautiful day!
Jennifer Susanne Sommers
Web Reference: http://www.AgentBoca.com
The truth of it James is that no one Realtor is going to have buyer's already lined up to purchase your property. The power of using a Realtor to sell your property is that there is a huge network of professionals who connect with each other, both with long term relationships and through our MLS system who then have buyers so you have multiplied the efforts of one person thousands of times over. If you look at the statistics most sales are co-brokered. You will find in any given neighborhood that 60-70% of all sales are co-brokered. Did you know that the Palm Beach County Realtors are also reciprical with Broward and Martin Counties? Our multiple listing system exposes your property to literally thousands of Realtors on Florida's east coast. It's more important to look for someone you feel you can have a good connection with for six months who has expertise and strong market knowledge in your area.

A good Realtor will have a strong marketing program, actually answer their phone, have good relationships within the brokerage community and assist both buyers and Realtors in placing offers on your home. They will be honest in pricing and critical of condition: not just tell you what you want to hear. This is a hot market and sales are being made but it's important that a home is priced right according to condition, location and features. Start with pretending you are a buyer and look for deficiencies in your home. It can be as simple as too much clutter, a dock that needs some attention or shrubs that need a hard pruning. Does anything need to be re-caulked, are there any traffic patterns in any of the flooring, has the extreme Florida weather conditions affected any of the finish products of your property? The more picture perfect your home the higher the price buyers are willing to pay.

It would seem from your post that you already have expectations as to price. I would suggest that you contact three brokers in your area and ask for an opinion of value. It's prudent in this market to have a paid appraisal. Chances are you will keep hearing close to the same numbers. I would not express your expectations to them; let them tell you what the market will bring. Choosing the Realtor that gives you the highest market price is not being realistic if your appraisal and the other opinions are much lower.

The one thing that is not much fun is to have an overpriced home that is constantly 'chasing the market' and sits for three years until you finally understand the reality of the market place. You're listing becomes 'shopworn' and eventually the showings become a trickle. We're still in a depreciating spiral and today's offer turned down may look like gold nine months later. When you are overpriced realistic buyers will not make an offer; they are concerned with both insulting you and wasting their time.

Your strongest showings are going to be when your listing is new. Coming out into the race overpriced is always a road to becoming shopworn. The best position in this market is to come out well priced, great condition and really listen to the buyer feedback. If your property is priced properly you should be under contract within a six month time frame for your area.

While you may feel you are 'losing' money you need to weigh that against your goals for moving. Are you moving to downsize? Do you want to relocate? What will it cost you to buy in your new community of choice? I highly suggest that if you find yourself resistant to what you are being advised by professionals as to realistic pricing of your property that you yourself need to go shopping. Pretend you have a contract on your house and you need to move. Are you able to transition comfortably with your proceeds? Perhaps the market you're moving into has also seen a devaluation and you may be pleasantly surprised at what you can purchase for your money.

There are far too many people sitting in locations/homes they do not want to be in 'waiting for the market to come back a bit'. Don't be one of them. Set your goals and go!
Hello James,

I also work for Coldwell Banker which is the number one company in Palm Beach county. The numbers are based on sales and as we all know, sales are the only numbers that matter. Anybody can take a listing and anybody can advertise it, but is the property receiving the exposure it needs to sell. Ocean Ridge is a unique area of Palm Beach County and I too am proud to call the surrounding area home. Please, contact me so we can arrange a time for me to preview your property and for my team and I to show you how we will EFFECTIVELY market your property to local, national and more importantly today, international markets. I use the word effectively because not all marketing can be successful and it isn't only one form, one medium, one area that we focus on. I look forward to your call.

Stelios Stylianou
Marketing Specialist
stelios@stelsells.com
561.542.4131
Web Reference: http://www.stelsells.com
Your local realtors association has the stats on how well real estate agents are preforming in your area. Research should point to the best company. Once you find the best, call their offices and find out who is the best producer. Then interview that broker/agent. If you hire the best you will get the best results. I'm associated with the #1 office in central Florida ( Coldwell Banker ). If you need a referral please contact me via my web site.