Home Selling in Louisville>Question Details

Michael Thac…, Real Estate Pro in Louisville, KY

Do you ever seek or attend Open Houses on weekday nights or Saturdays?

Asked by Michael Thacker, Louisville, KY Tue Oct 15, 2013

I heard this suggested recently at an event I attended and I thought it was an interesting idea to explore as a benefit to my clients.

Answers

8
Saturdays are common for open houses - in my area I see as many open houses on Saturdays as there is on Sundays.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 24, 2014
Sunday of course is the number one choice, but I have had success with Sat 1-4 and Thur night in summer 4-7
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
I hadn't thought about the Thursday night 4-7 route! Interesting idea, something to consider for a condo listing at Waterfront Park Place that I would like to host.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts everyone!

Michael Thacker
Kentucky Select Properties

http://www.MichaelThackerRealtor.com
Flag Mon Aug 4, 2014
It all depends on the location, the town, the surroundings and the property type itself. I am sure some
will lend themselves rather to a during the week lunch time open house, others a nice evening open
during summer months especially those with a great view. If any other time than the normally used
Sunday open houses to the public all others please announce them in all kinds of places, flyers, neighborhood papers etc. etc. But it will always have to be a decision based on the individual homes.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
Saturdays are quite common for open houses. Evening open houses I only do if the house lends themselves to it. For example I did very well with a "sunset open house" on a waterfront property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
Michael,
Yes, it is a great idea for select homes.
For instance, a recent home sold was located very near a professional centric location. Financial services, healthcare, insurance, defense contractors, national and international companies who clearly have a lot of middle management and development positons to fill. This proved to be extremely profitable for after work Open House (announce days in advance) AND.....drum roll please...."Have lunch on me!" open houses during the lunch hour.
-
To be frank. one could build a career from one home that won't sell in such a community and 95% of those who walk in are not represented and simply have not had time to find an agent. They are long tired of the Marriott Extended Stay lodging.
-
Don't even think about it for a suburbia, MacMansion envirnoment.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
Most open houses are during the day. Weekends are very common and are preferable for many buyers, especially those that work. I have never heard or seen any done in the evenings in our area.
Saturdays in most markets are a great day for open houses. In terms of evenings, I would test the market to see if they would work in your area.
I am liking these responses everyone, thanks!!

Michael Thacker
Kentucky Select Properties