Home Selling in Lemont>Question Details

Hr, Both Buyer and Seller in Lemont, IL

Do townhomes in gated communities such as Ruffled Feathers in Lemont tend to hold value better than other townhomes?

Asked by Hr, Lemont, IL Fri Mar 12, 2010

Answers

9
I realize this post is from last year, but I just can't help and have to respond. It’s absolutely ridiculous that person who has no clue about Lemont or this particular subdivision would post her comment. It is absolutely false statement that most of the townhomes in Lemont are in gated communities. The truth is that Ruffled Feathers is the only gated community in Lemont. Ruffled Feathers golf course is not a private course; it is open to the public. Prices in Lemont have dropped like everywhere else regardless if it is gated or not gated community. How amazing that this agent was willing to offer her help. This is not only unprofessional, but violation of our code of ethics. Can you imagine what kind of disservice you would provide to your client relying on this information?
Jeri,

I can see that you are out to Ruffle a Few Feathers!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 21, 2011
Ruffled Feathers is the only gated community in Lemont. Town homes there do tend to hold their value pretty well compared to other Lemont subdivisions with town homes.
It can vary based in some instances has no bearing it depends on the area other particulars. Have your agent review short and long circumstances.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Yes..I suppose I am... lol : )
Sorry...just had to pipe in here..."Ruffled Feathers" ? Wow, what an original name for a subdivision... I suppose, "slightly agitated-ville" or "prickly as a porcupine townhomes" was already taken. Who are these people handing out names...lol?
John is correct. Lemont only has one gated community. I have lived in Lemont and sold real estate in Lemont for 21 years. Lemont has dozens of subdivisions, each with their own look and feel, and each with their own price range and amenities. If you are thinking of moving to Lemont you should work with an agent who knows Lemont: the homes - the land - what's hot - and what's not, and most of all what best suits your needs.

Feel free to call or email with any questions you have about Lemont.

Paul Scheufler - Expert Realty Services, Inc

Paul@ExpertRealtyServices.com
Hello Hr,

If you are looking in Lemont, most of the townhomes are located in gated communities. Ruffled Feathers has great amenties such as a restaurant and private golf course and if you are a golfer, there are several benefits to you living in that subdivision. As far as value goes, every subdivison in Lemont has different values for their homes. In this market, it is very difficult to determine if one subdivision holds better value than others. If you need more information, I would be happy to help.

Thanks!

Cherrie Catama
Newman Realty
cherrie@newmanrealtyillinois.com
Hi Hr:

How are you?

Did I read this correctly, that there is actually a subdivision named "Ruffled Feathers"?

(It seems to me, that they could come up with a better name.) Anyway there is a whole book on gated communities now, it all depends on what kind of lifestyle you are looking for.

Johnny Yankoviak
Weichert Realtors
Gainesville, VA