Scott's Girl, Other/Just Looking in 33542

Do sellers in Zephyrhills, FL have to but Title Insurance?

Asked by Scott's Girl, 33542 Fri Feb 10, 2012

My Mom is considering selling her home. She has owned it outright for about 10 years. I am trying to help her, but I'm out of state. Where i come from this would not be needed

Answers

5
Scott's Girl-

I am a Real Estate Broker that specializes in property located in Zephyrhills. Give me a call if your mother would like to meet me, a local agent, to discuss title insurance or anything else in which she may have questions about.

Allison Newlon, Broker
Platinum Properties of Pasco, LLC.
813-263-8644
http://www.PropertyInPasco.com
Who pays for title insurance in Florida is negotiable however I would never recommend one of my buyers purchase a property without title insurance and if they are financing the home they will have to have it.
It depends, Scott's Girl.

If you want to transfer property by Warranty Deed, then you need to buy title insurance to provide that warranty. What kind of deed were you thinking of offering?
On the purchase offer the buyer and seller can negotiate who will pay title insurance. Some buyers just have a title search done and do not pay title insurance.

Title Insurance - insurance against lost resulting from defects of title to a specifically described parcel of real property.

Title Order - an order for a search fo the title to some pracel of property, eventually leading to the issuance of a policy of title insurance.

Title Search - A review of all recorded documents affecting a specific piece of property to determine the present condition of title.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
My guess is when your mother bought the home she might've bought title insurance and this policy (assuming the underwriter was still in business) would be the only policy she would need should title issues arise when she sells her home. If title issues arise when she sells her home, she wouldn't be able to buy a title policy.

So short answer, no she doesn't need to buy a title insurance policy. But she will have to pay fees to either the title company or an attorney when she transfers the home to a new buyer.