Home Selling in Lexington>Question Details

S, Home Seller in Lexington, OH

Do realtors charge to do a walk through of your home? Thinking of selling my Lexington home to relocate....

Asked by S, Lexington, OH Thu Jan 15, 2009

closer to my work in Columbus. Want to know what Lex buyers are looking for and how much would be a good listing price. (not ready to commit to selling or realtor quite yet)

Most Realtors would be willing and glad to meet with a potential client with a real estate needs like yours for an initial complementary consultation. Additionally, this would be an opportunity for you to interview some Realtors of your choice in case you decide to relocate. I sense you want to start doing you research and receive the most accurate information on the market conditions. Wish you the best! Any questions, please email at auri@aurieves.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 15, 2009
Hi S!

Generally speaking, NO. Typically, a local agent can provide you with what known as a CMA - comparative market analysis - with no obligations. This will help help you get a better understanding of what your home could be offered for in this current market. Make sure to get this CMA from at least 3 local agents so you can compare.

Real estate agents are here to help you make the best informed decisions. Make sure you let the agents know that you just want this info to understand what your home is worth as you are still doing your homework and are not yet ready for any commitment.

Ask your friends and neighbors for referrals for local agents and make sure to also check the selection of local agents in our Lexington, Ma member directory here:

Hope this helps!

Social Media Guru at Trulia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 15, 2009
This is normally a free service provided by the real estate professional. Our recomendationis to meet with several agents initally to talk about the possibility of listing your property and the services they can provide.

Hey "S",

Think of it as a "FREE ESTIMATE"!

Best Wishes!

In some instances yes paid as a consultant provide you guidance. Majority of time no on belief to secure your listing. Many seasoned agents wont preview your home unless you will sign listing agreement that day.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
There is no charge to do a walk through or CMA of your home. It is a free service that most realtors offer. Let me know if I can be of any assistance
Century 21