Home Selling in Belmont>Question Details

Buddy, Home Buyer in Nashua, NH

Do i need to deleading whole house or only the part which was built before 1978????

Asked by Buddy, Nashua, NH Tue Aug 7, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


The Medford Team’s answer
If lead is a real concern and the owner insists it be remediated, then test each area of the home to find out where lead is actually present. As stated below, just because a home is old does not automatically contains lead-based paint. Vice versa: it’s always possible that a newer section of a home was painted with an old can of paint that contained lead.

Test the entire home and remove lead only in those areas where it is actually located. And make sure you use a licensed contractor with a lead removal certification.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 9, 2012
If the house was built before 1978, it does not mean that the pant contained lead. We did a test on a home built in 1956 and they did not have any lead, I mean in paint. If lead is your concern, test it and decide then. For sale purposes there is no need to do any work - just disclose what you know.
Web Reference: http://talisrealestate.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 7, 2012
If I'm understanding your question regarding lead based paint, you don't have to do anything, jus don't eat the paint.

If this isn't your question, please rewrite it and I am happy to answer it for you.


0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer