Stitch, Home Seller in Staten Island, NY

Do buyers place an unreasonable value on new modern style rather than past traditional looks?

Asked by Stitch, Staten Island, NY Tue Sep 17, 2013

Seems buyers don't realize traditional quality may far outlast new styles.
Just consider the warranty. Made in China is not like to made in the USA.
New products occupy most technicians work day today.

Answers

4
In my experience I have not seen any particular pattern indicating a specific preference. Everyone has different tastes and is looking for a home they can call their own.
I don't know if you're referring to the decor and appliances or the style of the house. As far as the interior, from my experience, most buyers do prefer modern. However, if you're referring to the style of the house itself- different buyers have different tastes and there's always a home that's suits ones needs!
It really comes down to personal preferences, and each potential buyer is different...
UNREASONABLE?
I bet every buyer who recently purchased a modern style home, one that does not have an obsolete floorplan, that conforms the the life patterns of a 2013 lifestyle would argue they were not UNREASONABLE! They would say they paid what the market required.
-
The context of your question suggests you have a 'vintage' or historic home for sale. You must know your buyer profile, use the right words, create the attachemnt and make sure the buyer who values such homes know about it.
-
I think the steaks at Outback or unreasonably prices until the sizzle crosses my path. Then I want an Outback steak. You have the same challenge. Make your home in Stanten Island sizzle in front of the right buyer, not the buyer who is a committed vegan.
-
You can't sell a vintage home to those seeking 2010 or newer construction without a MAJOR price compromise. Likewise those who dispise the oppulence of newer construction will value those hardwood floors. Hire a Stanten Island real estate professinal who know how to market your home.