rosydawn, Both Buyer and Seller in Winchester, MA

Do I have to sign a contract with the agent in order to sell my house?

Asked by rosydawn, Winchester, MA Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

6
EdithJasser YourRealtor4Life’s answer
If you want the marketing, the guidance, the input and experience of a Realtor's market knowledge and
info about competing properties and those sold while your listing is on the market, and the successful marketing and advertising of a Real Estate Brokerage the answer is YES

If you want to try it on your own, you can, but you may not be as successful in getting your home
sold, or you may not prepare it well enough for sale, or price it right within your market, and furthermore when it comes to negotiating the price and terms once you get an offer, your emotions, as this is not just a house to you but YOUR HOME will get in the way of reasonable and successful negotiations, but remember your home is a commodity to others...

And always a home is worth only what a ready and willing and approved buyer is ready and willing to pay, not what the seller wants for it...

Hope this helps if you need a Realtor recommendation for your area, let me know and contact me anytime..
Edith YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients! Buyers and Sellers and relocating buyers alike....
Your Chicago / Northern Illinois and North Shore Connection providing all clients with the very BEST
services, detail oriented, pleasant to work with, and honest when pricing a home for sale, or showing you a home to buy, once you make an offer Edith will provide you with the best Comps to make a
reasonable and competitive offer
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
Most listing agents will make you sign a contract, yes. If they are investing time and marketing money in your home they want to make sure you are equally invested in them. If you are unsure about selling your house without an agent there are many options and sellers do have great success if done right.

Happy to give you some advice about how to go about it just email us: help@territory.com

Web Reference: http://territory.com/
Even if I know people I make them sign a contract for the listing of their home. If they are buyers I don't. I wouldn't take a listing from someone who wouldn't sign a standard contract. Hope that helps.
Hi Rosydawn,

I never force my buyers to sign a contract. But signing a contract for listing your house for sale is actually a protection on both ends. Don't be afraid of signing a contract. You can always discuss with your agent about your concerns and have them laid out in the contract. Contract can protect you!

Also, if your agent is confident and reasonable, he/she will allow you to terminate the contract if you don't think he/she can best help you.

Hope this helps...
Yuan's Team Realty
It is a good idea to sign a contract that way each party knows what to expect from the other. A contract can always be amended to suit your needs - good luck with the sale
That depends; if you would like to sell it yourself the answer is no, if you would like to use an agent then you will need a listing agreement between you and the agent's office so they can put you on MLS and market your property to get it sold.
wen
wen@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com