Home Selling in Aliso Viejo>Question Details

chrisjohnsto…, Home Owner in Dana Point, CA

Define full, 3/4, 1/2 baths. What's the difference?

Asked by chrisjohnston2, Dana Point, CA Sat Aug 24, 2013

Answers

10
Full = Tub, sink, toilet
3/4 = Shower without tub, sink, toilet
1/2 = Sink and toilet

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
Great question, Chris.

It appears that you have received correct answers in that a full bath includes a tub and shower, toilet, and sink. A 3/4 bath includes a tub or shower, toilet and sink. A 1/2 bath only includes a toilet and sink, and a 1/4 bath includes a sink only - most likely the toilet, shower or tub are located in an adjoining room.

I might add that when searching for a home with a certain number of baths, do look further to determine what each of those baths consists of to be certain you are OK with the set-up.

Best of luck in search!

Lynette Colletta
BRE # 00900787
Prudential California Realty
949-842-4200 cell/text
Looks like you got some really helpful answers below. Let me know if you need a purchase loan for a property because I can certainly help you out there. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
Good morning Chris
A full bath has a sink, toilet tub and shower. A 3/4 bath usually as the sink, toilet, and stall shower but no tub. The 1/2 bath would be a power room with just a sink and toilet. Does that help?
Mary
Chris,

Good question. As indicated below by the other responding agents, a full bath includes toilet, shower/tub, and sink; a 3/4 bath includes typically a toilet, standing shower only with no tub, and a sink; however I have seen a 3/4 bath with soaking tub only and no shower fixture. A 1/2 bath is usually a toilet with sink and is sometimes referred to as a powder room. A 1/4 bath is a sink only and is often times adjacent to a full-bath that includes the other four components stated above. If you would more detail or need of additional assistance please feel free to contact me at 714-315-0027 or at rschiavone@hlsgroupinc.com.

Kind regards,

Ralph Schiavone
Broker
HLS Group, Inc.
BRE #01158966
You have the right answers below.
Hi Chris

All the answer below are correct
What is it you re looking for that I can help you with?

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreahomes@gmail.com
Hi Chris, Full bath includes sink, toilet, shower and tub. 1/2 bath is usually just sink and toilet. 3/4 bath can be sink, toilet and tub or sink, toilet and shower.
Simply stated, a bathroom can consist of a sink, toilet, shower and bathtub. Each of these is considered 1/4. Generally a half bath, also known as a powder room, consists of a sink and a toilet.
Usually a 3/4 bath has a sink, toilet and shower. And a full bath or 4/4 bath has a sink, toilet, shower and tub. A bathroom that has a shower over the tub is considered a full bath as long as there is also a sink and a toilet.
Please let me know if I can assist you in any way in finding your perfect home.
Sherry Sims
Evergreen Realty, HomeSmart
949-436-0446
http://www.OC-Sold.com
BRE# 00469184
full = toilet, shower, tub, sink
3/4 = toilet, shower, sink
1/2 = toilet and sink

hope that helps