David, Home Seller in 04102

David Deschaine Roofing went Bankrupt. Does that mean any warranties and guarantees are now void?

Asked by David, 04102 Sun Jan 8, 2012

I was thinking about buying a house that where the roof was installed by David Deschaine. I was just informed that David Deschaine Roofing went out of business.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Auction-set-for-commercial-p…

What are your thoughts?

Answers

3
I'm no expert on roofing, but I'm sure the bankruptcy branch can tell you about the details. I found

bankruptcy lawyer edmonton

to be very helpful. They know their stuff if you have questions about bankruptcy.
Hi David,

Manufacturer warranty still holds up if the warranty is transferrable. Plus Dave Deschaine is still around and can be contacted. A friend of mine worked for him a couple years ago.

How old is the roof? It is only an issue if something goes wrong. A good inspection will give you the peace of mind either way.

Give me a call or email anytime if you have more questions.

Doug
It would depend on whether the warranties were self insured or whether he used an outside insurer to cover liability.

The actual materials used (shingles) would have a manufacturers warranty. But the labor may or may not be covered under any warranty issued by the defunct roofer.