Home Selling in Wichita>Question Details

Discouragaed, Home Seller in Wichita, KS

63DOM; $95K, 4bd full finished bsmt; needs updating; 1958; 35 showings (10 from open house); not one offer. 67212 Wichita area. ???

Asked by Discouragaed, Wichita, KS Tue Mar 27, 2012

Will lower to $93 this week, but am getting very discouraged.

Answers

9
Are you getting feedback from those showings? Listen to and consider all of the feedback you are getting. If there are negative things on the list that are consistent, then make a change! Those buyers help depict the sale of your home. Lowering your price $2000 will not make a change...you will still be getting the same buyers looking in the same price range.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2013
Hi Discouraged,

Are you still trying to sell your home? I can give you information on a great realtor that specializes in homes that have been on the market for a long period of time. As well, I'm an insurance agent. I can give a few suggestions to save money in the meantime while you wait on the sell.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 5, 2013
Do you currently have it listed with an agent? If not, you would get so much more exposure through that. I agree with some of the other comments here, but also staging. Have you looked at your home through the eye of a buyer? Is it clean? (Check the corners!) Is it too crowded with furniture and/or knick knacks? And 63 days isn't too bad in our area right now (unless you are in a hurry!). But with 25 showings (not counting your open house) from people who made an appt to see the home, there is something still wrong with either the price or the home. If you are not currently working with an agent, I would love to take a look at the home to evaluate it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Why is the address not given?
I wish there was a listing of people looking for home's.Where is this home at?
What is your Realtor telling you the feedback is from the showings and Open Houses?
1st time home buyers are not interested in updates.
Flag Fri Mar 30, 2012
Wichita is currently in a buyers market. If it is not perfect, they move on to the next home. Most buyers are being very choosy right now. Reducing the price by 10% would be my suggestion.
35 people are telling you your price and your product are out of sync. You need to improve your product or lower your price.
Great question from above! Do you have your house listed with a realtor? If not, statistics show that homeowners that decide to try and sell their house by themselves lose 17% even without paying a commission. Your house is most likely priced too high if you have had that much traffic. People may be afraid of the updating just depends on what it is. If you would like for me to pull up some comps and take a look at your house to see what I believe is the most you can get for your house in this market today then I would be more than happy to help you out! Give me a call at 941-6788!
Is this property listed with a realtor? If not then get it listed to increase your exposure. If it is, then lower the price and get professional photos and have it staged. Best of Luck!