Felicia, Other/Just Looking in Harbor City, CA

Condo for sale in Harbor City, CA and want input on ad

Asked by Felicia, Harbor City, CA Wed Oct 3, 2007

I have a condo for sale at 1414 260th St. #10 in Harbor City. I have a real estate agent. I have made a fair amount of cheaper upgrades on the unit (new carpet, new fixtures, landscaped balcony, new microwave over stove and new dishwasher). I need to sell to take a job out of state. I could keep the place on the market for about five months before I would need to get a renter and take it off the market. It's been on the market since September 7. We've had some general interest but no bids. We are having open houses every weekend and have a lockbox outside. I reduced by $10,000 recently, too. Any other suggestions? Oh, I also decluttered and staged my place. If you Google, you'll see my ad and pictures.

Answers

4
I actually posted this more than a year ago. The condo has been off the market for a long time, and I have renters.
I'm very familiar with that exact part of Harbor City and I can honestly tell you that there is not a great deal of demand for the area due to the proximity to the Anaheim Gardens apartment complex, the row of rental units along Anaheim St, the overall high density of lower income rental units surrounding your building and the amount of tagging and crime in the area. Unless your property is dirt cheap I don't see it selling.

Is this a short sale or do you have equity?
Thanks for the input. I've had two people interested in buying my condo, but unfortunately neither could qualify. So I'm hopeful that someone will be interested and has qualified soon. It's now been a month and a half, so it's still been a pretty short period of time. Should I consider reducing again soon? It seems to be priced pretty low compared to other condos of its size in the area, so I'm trying to hold the price for now.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2007
Felicia:

Ask your agent what is the average days on market. It might be that you are doing and have done everything right. You just need more time. The market in your area in not "microwave-able", it needs to be slower cooked in the oven.