Home Selling in Jonesboro>Question Details

Brasil, Home Seller in Jonesboro, AR

Closing costs when selling for sale by owner

Asked by Brasil, Jonesboro, AR Sun Aug 21, 2011

Answers

4
As a Realtor, one of my top assets is a great title company. They can provide you with a wealth of information.
It does not matter how you sale your home, you are always going to incur some type of closing cost associated with the sale, these cost normally include pre-paids, title services, government recording, title insurance and transfer taxes. To know exactly what you could expect call a local title company and explain to them your particular situation.
I would call your local closing company and ask for an estimate. Here in NW AR I often use Waco titles website.
It will give you a rough estimate. I put the link on the below. If you are on the home page just click sellers net sheet, choose the branch closest to you and fill in the blanks. Then click "Generate Netsheet" and you will have a rough estimate. Remember if you are doing a FSBO, and are not paying a Realtor, change the Commission to zero. If you need a Realtor, just let me know. I will be glad to help you find a great one! Good luck!
Closing Cost generally run about 3% each for the Seller and Buyer.

If you want an accurate figure, choose a Title Company, which you're going to need anyway, and ask them to do a HUD1.

Good luck and may God bless