Question Details

BJ, Home Seller in Fruitland Park, FL

Closing cost for a house FSBO. My house I am listing for is 138,500 If it sells for that what are the cost

Asked by BJ, Fruitland Park, FL Sun May 25, 2008

WHo pays the closing cost?

Answers

3
Beverly,
The actual costs vary from state to state , even from city to city.
Local custom generally rules, but in real estate some things are negotiable.
I would suggest contacting a Realtor and ask them to provide you wth an Estimate of Seller's Net Proceeds. That will outline who normally pays what costs.

You should also ask the Realtor what they think you home is worth. In general homes sold without professional representation sell for about 16% LESS than if sold by a Realtor. Alsol, you should know that about 85% of the time sellers will eventually list with a Realtor, so as we are in the middle of spring selling season, if you are unable to sell on your own, then you'll have a back up plan just in case.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 27, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
See my response about the costs on your other question. Closing costs are determined by the contract but sellers typically pay Owner's Title Insurance Policy, Documentary Stapm on the Deed, Proration of Taxes, Mortgage Payoff, and REALTOR commissions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 25, 2008
Your costs could be much greater than the costs at closing. FSBO homes often sell for far less than non-fsbo homes, making the commission that you pay a Realtor a wash. Also....are you up top date on all of the lastest real estate laws, as well as what you have to disclose to the buyer? If not, this could come back to haunt you - and cost you - in the future. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
Cindi Hagley, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA