William Lamb…, Home Seller in Staten Island, NY

Can you advise what Realtor charge the least comission?, I need to list my house for sale

Asked by William Lamberts, Staten Island, NY Sun Jun 2, 2013

Answers

17
Don't pick a realtor. by the cheapest commission. Go by who's going to do the best job marketing your home and keeping you up to date on all the activity of lack of it!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 4, 2013
Commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards as it would go against Federal Laws; therefore interview a few agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer; choose your agent with care, and not by commission alone.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 3, 2013
Hi William , commissions are agreed upon at the time a seller hires a broker. More important then the amount is the knowledge of the broker and use of marketing tools to get your house sold, and closed .

I would like to view your property and the we can further discuss how I can get the job done. Thanks Linda Smith
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 3, 2013
Many answers listed here and with good advice. The most important aspect of whether or not you choose a particular real estate firm is what services is this agency going to provide for you and how will they market your home. There are many agencies to choose from and we all provide basically the same service and how high or low of a commission charged is not necessarily an indication of how well this agency will perform. You should contact several different agencies to discuss with them what services they will provide and at what commission rate. When you list your home with a broker, not only is the overall commission negotiable, but how the commission is split with cooperating brokers is also determined when a listing agreement is prepared. Be sure you feel comfortable with the agent and agency you choose. They are working for you and you should expect them to adequately represent your best interests to ensure that your home is listed at an appropriate price and effectively marketed. Good luck.
Hello William,

If you stage, declutter, fix up/prepare your home for sale, hopefully with an experienced (does not have to be expensive) stager, and, if you work with the best marketer in your area (who should be able to refer you to a pro stager), you will make more money than you'd ever save on the commissions.

Really do everything these pros will advise you to do - and your results will be amazing!

To find out who is the best marketer - have to do your research on the internet.
Really go over "marketing" plans with your prospective listing agents.
The one to choose will be more honest than others in terms of the house current condition and
the market values in the area.

Best of luck,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
William, as smart consumers we tend to shop for the best price of goods and services. As a seller with Real Estate (your home) that approach can end up costing you thousands of dollars. Commission (wages of sales agents is an important part of the selling strategy, we want to creat the most demand from all of the agents in our Market place. The higher the wages offered, the more showings your house will get and this encreases the chances of getting multiple offers. Sales agents are no different than anyone one else in the Labor Market; the higher the compensation the more motivated they will be to work for you and get a buyer to offer the absolute best price for your property. Hire me as your listing agent and i will manage your sale to yeild you the absolute most money in your pocket.

Miguel Lopez
646-334-2985
http://www.ImSellingHomes.ListingBook.com
Coldwell Banker Ditommaso Realty
Choosing a realtor by the cheapest commission is not the best move to make when selling your home. When a realtor offers to accept a low commission there is a strong likelihood that the agent will not put a lot of work into selling your home. Also, there is less of a chance that other agents will want to show your home because they would not make a commission that is equal to the time spent in showing, filing an offer with the selling agent, etc. You will most likely be relying solely on your listing agent o find a buyer for your home. And, if that agent is associated with a very small brokerage your your chances of selling your home will be significantly decreased. Choose an agent by experience, ability to show your home, advertising, and overall knowledge of the local market. Visit my website, http://www.NeuhausRealty.com and call me at 718 689-3850 and I will walk you through the process.

Gary R. DeFilippo
Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
Neuhaus Realty
718 689-3850
It is always important to do your homework before you pick a realtor. Your home is one of your biggest investments. If you needed to pick a doctor would you pick the cheapest or the most qualified for your needs. The same methrod should be used when picking a realtor. Please go to my website at http://www.neuhausrealty.com
You as an individual negotiate what commission you pay. There is no average or in your question least commission. Each real estate company is free to set its own fee schedule and to negotiate various rates with individual buyers and sellers. There is no set fee, fees are negotiable. Interview a few agents from different companies, then choose the one that will represent you well, respect you, and your time, ensure you are provided with care, confidentiality, loyalty, obedience, accountability, and disclosure, one who has the most to offer; choose your agent with care, and not by commission alone
Lots of good answers already. The take away message is that the amount of the commission should NOT be your first priority. If your REALTOR® charges a higher % commission but sells your home at a significantly higher price, you'll end up with more money in your pocket.

The first questions you need to answer is which REALTOR® and which agency will do the BEST job marketing your home. The more people who visit your home the better chance you have of selling it at a higher price. In order to drive visits to your home you need a REALTOR® who will use the latest, most effective technology, because over 90% of home buyers look for homes online. You want someone who'll either use a Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) camera or a professional photographer; he/she should post the maximum number of photos allowed by the local MLS (here in Monmouth Co. NJ it's 25) as well as a video/virtual tour. You want someone who'll use QR codes and SMS text messages to send information and photos to smart phones.

We're starting to see more multiple offers and bidding wars, but you won't see that if you pick someone who takes 6 photos with a pocket camera and slaps them onto the MLS. I don't have a New York license so I'm not after your listing- I'm just offering some honest advice.

P.S.: Ask each REALTOR® you talk to about the initials after his/her name. The "GRI" designation (Graduate, REALTOR® Institute) is the highest designation in the real estate profession. If the agent doesn't have the GRI, ask him/her why not, and see if you agree with their answer.

Len

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)
ldunikoski@dianeturton.com
http://www.rumsonfairhavenhome.com
Hi Len, I choose to reply back as knowing that you are not licensed in NY put you on the edge. I thank all who replied and as you said lots of good answers ...
The only reason I am looking for the cheapest realtor commission fee is because my house value is very well known since similar houses in our development has been sold between 325k and 360k. So it is not a unique design or a bigger lot... It is much easier to figure out the value , so the more savings in brokerage fees the more dollars in the seller pocket especially that if you list the house with sale by owner you can be listed on realtor.com and other MLS and all this for less than $800....again my house is one out of 100 similar house a good 5% is been sold ech year so the market is very well known . I hope b now I can have a much clear answer since this type of houses sells very fast since it is affordable and is considered cheap comparing to other 3 bedrooms townhouses.... I appreciate all the provided answers
Flag Mon Jun 3, 2013
Like all the goods and services you and i, and everyone else buy, we want the best value for our money, not the cheapest price.

It's not the selling price of your home; it's how much you net and taking into consideration the time it takes to sell.

good luck

fred 347-693-4580
HomeTeam Agency, INC.

http://www.gettingthebestprice.com/sellers.php
Commissions are agreed upon by you and the sells agent.
But that should be only a small part of the equation, agents
experience and motivation are also needed.

Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609
Ultimately, the commission you will pay as a seller is your final decision. You must agree with the realtor on the commission rate. However, because there may ultimately be a buyer's agent and a seller's agent, if the commission you agree to pay is too low buyer's agents will shy away from showing your property to their buyers. You want your home to be shown as often as possible. That will increase the odds of selling your home at the best price possible. Keep that in mind.

Also, you must consider the broker agency that you are giving the "Exclusive Right to Sell" your home to. I am an agent for Neuhaus Realty, consistently at the top of the list in sales and number of homes shown for the past 16+ years. Call me and I will guide you through the process.

Gary R. DeFilippo
Neuhaus Realty
718 689-3850
If you list your home and a low commission and are paying out to other agentsa very low commission there is a greater chance that other realtors will not show your home when they can sell a similar home at a higher commission. You also want someone who will take care of al the problems when they arise as wel as being affiliatedwith different real state websites.

Jill Subes
Tom Crimmins Realty
718-314-7509
The important answer is to deal with a professional realtor so your transaction can be a smooth and successful one
Cathy A.Greco
Licensed Associate Broker
Defalco Realty
718 605 - 9300
Hey William I'm a realtor in Staten Island and we charge very reasonably call me at 7185171213 to discuss. I won't pressure you into dealing with me but if you like what I tell you then you can make your decision.

Ferhana Naeem
Coldwell banker reliable
7185171213
I can recommend someone. I am a realtor In Nj but I deal with many people from Staten Island

Matthew simone
All towne realty
732.320.6299
Mattsimone57@gmail.com