Don't wait on any market...the only market you are concerned with is the zip code of this house.
My first suggestion to you would be to call a local realtor that familar with your market area. Tell them your thinking of selling you home and would like a current market evaluation. The realtor in your area may already know someone that would love to purchase your property. Market are different all over the country. Take the steps to get a professional opinion. When you receive your information you can decide then whether or not to sell.
I have a couple of recommendations for you:
First, I would interview a couple of Realtors to get their opinion of the current value. If you do not know of one I would be happy to refer you to one of the top Realtors in your area.
Second, I would ask them for any necessary repairs or maintenance that they think might help your property sell faster and for more money
Third, we do not know the future. All we know is the current market. Unless there are exceptional people with a crystal ball, I would take a good hard look at putting it on the market now. If you add in the carrying costs (mortgage, insurance, utilities, upkeep) I don't know that it would pencil out to hold it for long.
Good luck. See the link below for market info.