Home Selling in Shakopee>Question Details

gatabalnca, Home Seller in Shakopee, MN

Can we sell the house in Trulia?

Asked by gatabalnca, Shakopee, MN Wed Jul 2, 2008

Answers

3
jkgoode’s answer

Signing with a realtor who knows your area is extremely important at this point in the market. Shakopee is in the down side on the selling market as compared to some other surrounding communities. Corrent initial pricing, preparing your home for sale and fast & effective marketing are crucial in selling your home at it's best possible price. Trying to save on the commission will only hurt you on your net pocket money if do actually sell on your own. Refer to the statistics below on trying to sell on your own, there are many more stats that confirm that selling on your own means less money in the end and even less chance of actually selling at all.
The marketing required to sell in todays market is key and takes a lot of time, money and effort. You need to know what works and where to put your marketing dollars. A knowledeable realtor can give you the most effective marketing plan, effective exposure in print and e-marketing, and realtor networkworking within MLS, intra-company and other realtors. In my company alone, approx. 8% of homes are sold before being listed! As for unbeleivably low commissions and the help-yourselve's, you get what you pay for ; unbelievably low everything, including net profit.
From recent reports, sellers can net profit up to 20% more when using a full service realtor than than selling on their own. I know the Shakopee area well and can give you a comparable market analysis with a saleable list price, top notch marketing & service, and sell you home at it's highest possible value in today's market in the shortest amount of time possible.
Feel free to contact me if you have interest in obtaining a better net profit, I'd love to help you out!

Jody Goode
Coldwell Banker Burnet
Burnsville, MN
612-978-2488
jkgoode@cbburnet.com
Web Reference: http://www.JGoodeHomes.com
I believe Trulia allows both realtors and individual homeowners to advertise their property for sale here. However, a local realtor could help you with pricing it right and exposing it to a much larger buyer pool than For Sale By Owners have access to. A realtor would also help you with improving your home's buyer appeal. If you choose to go it alone, here are a couple of interesting facts:
1) Less than 10% of all real estate transactions without realtor involvement make it to a successful closing.
2) Homes sold by owners net an average 15% less than those sold by realtor.
I think you can list your home for sale on Trulia. I would suggest interviewing 3 Realtors 1st. Realtors have access to sold data, that you may not have access to, this is a critical part of pricing your home correctly. I would certainly help you with this if you choose to go that route.
Brad Anderson
BradAnderson@kw.com