Home Selling in 92648>Question Details

Patlea, Home Seller in Huntington Beach, CA

Can someone send me a notice to perform?

Asked by Patlea, Huntington Beach, CA Tue Oct 5, 2010

Please I need a sample of a real estate form - notice to perform

Help the community by answering this question:



The only time you as the seller should need a Notice to Perform is if you are an un-represented seller. That means you do not have an agent / broker working for you. If that is the case, you should contact a Real Estate Attorney who could best advise you.

If you do have a REALTOR, you should consult with them and they will be able to help you.

Any agent that gets involved with a transaction already in process is just asking for trouble and liability issues that go along with it.

Best of luck,

Thom Colby
Broker / Owner & Certified HAFA Specialist
Thom Colby Properties
Newport Beach, CA
Moving Lives Forward (TM)
We NEVER DOUBLE-END Transactions in our Brokerage. There is NO benefit to the Seller or Buyer and only benefits the Agent. Also, NEVER use your RE Agent / Broker as your Lender or vice versa. Also, be careful when using Real Estate Broker-owned Escrow and Title Companies - they can be loads of trouble.
888-391-5245 Direct Cell
DRE# 01398570
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 6, 2010
Why do you need this form? Your Realtor should be handleing all of this paperwork for you. If you do not have a professional real estate agent representing you, Please Give Me A Call, I would love to help ~
Unfortunately, if a realtor sends you a "Blank" C.A.R. Form and you use it in a transaction in anyway, it implies that you know how to use the form and if it is used incorrectly, the Realtor/Agent who sent it to you may be held liable in court of law.
Who would you use for Escrow ? Ask your escrow officer and they should be able to supply some "generic" form.
Call me if you have any questions,
Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 5, 2010
A notice to perform is prepared by your realtor. But if you are currently selling your home on your own you might ask your escrow officer if he or she can help you with this. There is a very specific time frame involved in this notice. If you need help with it, you may contact me and I will assist you.
Regardless, good luck with your transaction and congratulations on the sale of your home. Liz
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 5, 2010
This is a Document that needs to be prepared by Escrow---this document needs to be signed by the Buyer and Seller. If you are FSBO you should contact a reputable R.E Attorney to help if there is 'heat' on the deal...
Keller Williams Newport Beach has access to an Attorney on every file we list and we are pro's---Hope that was helpful.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 5, 2010
if you are selling your home on your own, a blank form may not be the answer. You need to fill it our correctly and serve it within a specified time frame for it to be enforceable. You should really have teh guidance of an attorney or a listing broker who can do this for you to protect your rights. In the attempt to save money, alot of sellers cost themselves time and money by not completing things by the letter of the law, both state and federal.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 5, 2010
Hi Patiea,

I would be happy to help.

Bonnie Hart
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 5, 2010
Hi, Patlea. Are you selling your home yourself and the buyer hasn't been performing as expected? If you are currently working with a Realtor, they will have the forms needed. Call me and tell me what type of form you are looking for.

Cyndi Mino
First Team Real Estate
Web Reference: http://www.cyndimino.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 5, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer