Home Selling in Dayton>Question Details

Julie Beall, Real Estate Pro in Springboro, OH

Can anyone share what they liked best in their Realtor?

Asked by Julie Beall, Springboro, OH Tue Feb 16, 2010

This board is full of agents who would love to hear what was really helpful when a consumer worked with a Real Estate professional. Can you share any things that worked for you in your buying and selling process

Answers

21
Amazing what children will do when they're bored.

Julie, try this again in a few days, the kids will probably be back at reform school.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 17, 2010
Julie,

don't be afraid to ask or answer any questions here on Trulia. For the most part it is a great site for questions and answers and for learning something new every now and then.

While everyone is entitiled to their opinions, there are some who enjoy yanking chains and spewing nonsense or doom and gloom. You will learn who they are and they will usually get called out by some of the people who post here and recognize them.

Keep asking the questions and reading responses and you will see that it really is a great source of information and can benifit those asking the questions and those reading the responses. Welcome to Trulia.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 19, 2010
One of the things our clients apparently like, Julie, is that we're tolerant of their mood swings. Many of us are willing to refrain from quoting Exodus 20:16, the part about bearing false witness against your neighbor, but I'm not one of them!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 17, 2010
I love my agent- She's realistic and is a go-getter. She got me into the house we're buying and I'll have her sell my old house. Hoping she'll make it happen soon, and I have faith that she will.

I consider her a good friend now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 17, 2010
Hardly any consumers answering. Guess there is nothing that they liked about their Realtors. :( That's only 'cause none of my clients visit Trulia!

Best quality in a real estate professional: a freakin' sense of humor!

Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and have a good laugh. It took me a few years to learn that. But things that used to bother me just make me laugh now.

heh heh

"There's an irony here, in that someone who would profess to stand up for honesty, integrity, and to spread The Word - would also sign on to a message board with an alias and then write, well, sleazy things."

Mack, there are posers everywhere. And there are those who are authentic but misguided. We all should be careful about how we "represent" what we believe in. That guy missed that lesson.
It's just a matter of providing some better or any monitoring when Emily's shift is over...Anyone who's been here awhle knows the evenings/nights and weekends are pretty much open..

It's when you get the most Spam (Spammers know) and strange voices (they know or learn it is so quickly also)

Then there's the whole other issue of multiple profiles or are those speaking as Agents really Agents thing (Verification)
Julie, trulia not only took down the comments. They blocked the IP address that sent them. It was as suspected one person doing it.

There is never a guarantee that it will keep the person away. But it is about as good as any site can do to limit such problems.
I am newer to Trulia question and answer section, am glad to see Trulia took down the rude comments. I was beginning to think this would not be the best tool for me.
I miss all the good threads. You're right Debbie. I think we have seen Marks work before. Never seems to change his tune, only his profile.
Like onomatopoeia, there must be a word that represents feeling by imitation.

I say this because "sleazy" is such a sleazy word, just saying it kinda makes you feel, well, you get the idea.

There's an irony here, in that someone who would profess to stand up for honesty, integrity, and to spread The Word - would also sign on to a message board with an alias and then write, well, sleazy things.

I'm going to go and take my keyboard and mouse to the sink and wash us all with lots of soap and hot water.

Yuk.
Dear Debbie/Tim/Mack...

Dude, get a life. Did some Realtor "wrong" you in a past life??? You really need to get a new hobby and/or realize that while I know there are sleazy agents out there... there are also sleazy doctors, lawyers, teachers, politicians... Hey if you want to rant about people being sleazy maybe you should pick politicians... at least that way you could possibly do some good???

Otherwise I would appreciate if you would go play somewhere else and let us move on here... you have probably scared off any REAL consumers with your crazy ramblings and negativity...

Thanks :-)
Mark - not to worry ...trulia will remove the immature posts by tomorrow I am sure (that's why the "report" button is here - use it!).
They are all by the same person..he changes names often - he has to as trulia keeps deleting him and his account......talk about not having something better to do with your time
Julie,

Had a busy day so just checked out the answers... wow???

I guess Tim was wrong and at least for today I was not a F-ing looser with nothing better to do... I will see if I can make time tomorrow to sit around and do noting... LOL

I liked the try... maybe we will still get some real answers... even if it is not all good it would just be nice to hear real input... Wish there was some way to keep that kind of crap off here...
Oh my! Interesting comments by those who need something better to do with their time. To those of you who would like the Real Estate Profession to improve and are willing to give good constructive comments and ideas to improve the sales transaction, march on, and share what you LIKED about your Realtor. The rest of you...well maybe you should ask for feedback from the public on what they think of people who make rude comments on message boards!!
Thanks to those who made sane comments.. Hey, Mark are you still listening?? What do you think about the comments>>>??? Crazy!
I think the buyers and sellers know we are lurking, waiting expectantly, for their responses.

Shhhh. Lets pretend we're not here and maybe they'll come.
wow this was a really good question Julie. Too bad some potty mouths had to wreck it. I was hoping to hear from some actual buyers and sellers. That would have been interesting. I think they will probably pass on this thread now. Thanks for your comments Rachel.
It's a funny thing. Apparently, real estate professionals are supposed to sit around while a fellow like Tim goes off like someone whose psychotropic (yes, that's twice in two days) medication was replaced by sugar pills.
I have to comment here... Isn't the question What you LIKED best in a Realtor?
(Mark and I are really sitting here hoping one of our clients will come along and say something nice about us! haha)

kidding aside..........that was nice of you Rachel - I hope your agent is on trulia and gets to see your comment!

Have a great day.....!
Mark - me, too..........Julie, hope you don't mind if I sit next to Mark and watch, also....I promise I will be quiet!............and I sure hope agents don't jump in and try to answer this! haha (but, I bet some will!)
:)
Julie,

I am just going to sit in and see what people say... hope you don't mind. :-)