Home Selling in New Britain>Question Details

Pinnacle Mou…, Home Buyer in New Britain, CT

Can anyone recommend a flat fee mls service that they had success with in the past?

Asked by Pinnacle Mountain, New Britain, CT Fri Oct 26, 2012

Answers

4
I sold my house.com is very good!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
I have had GREAT SUCCESS....in converting those expired listings into mine!! Dan is 100% correct unless you want to discount you listing below current market value or pay for extras to compete.

Good Luck
Once again spoken like an agent. I understand that every agent or broker is going to just shoot down any idea of a homeowner trying to sell a house on their own. Imagine a homeowner wanting to try that, what a concept. Ive showed my property twice in the first 2 weeks listed, and its only on zillow. I sold a 3 family a couple years ago on my own in less than 2 months. FSBO is not impossible. Listen, I wouldn't be using a fee service because of the attention and great service, it's to GET MY PROPERTY ON THE MLS. If I'm gonna take the time to put the property online, and to put a sign out front, I'd like to get the MLS exposure as well.
Flag Fri Oct 26, 2012
Pinnacle,
Flat fee companies, by design have little if any vested interest in your success. They collect their fee up front and do the minimum required by the agreement. They work on a volume basis that says if they get 100 sellers to give them $500 each, they've made $50,000 whether anyone sells or not.
They will always have some level of success because each seller has their own motivation. In the research I've done on companies in my area they all seem to have more canceled and expired listings than sold. What this tells me is that while some do sell, the majority either gives up or list with another service, usually a full service one.
Now to be fair, just because another agent charges more and claims "full service" don't automatically assume they are worth it or provide it. "You get what you pay for" should be true but if it were, there wouldn't be a market for flat fee companies.
My suggestion is always seek out the best available representation first, and focus on commission second. A great agent brings value to a transaction and will get you a higher net price, after commissions than a bad agent or none at all. A great agent only wins when you do and will be as invested in your success as you are. If you don't feel they are, find another agent.
Best of luck however you proceed.
Pinnacle,
If I didn't believe in what I did, I'd be in the wrong business. I tried to give you some objective facts as well. Some flat fee service clients do sell, the majority don't. I can validate that for you in my market, you may find a local agent in yours who can do the same.
One other consideration. If you are on the local MLS, you are likely offering a buyer's office commission. Since you are aready half way there, ask yourself if you really want the rest of the job yourself or if you may be better off with a great, not average or below average agent to take you over the finish line.
Flag Fri Oct 26, 2012
Spoken like a broker of course, I appreciate the feedback. Since I am trying to sell the property myself, the reason for the flat fee service is to get the property on the MLS. I wouldn't expect the fee service to act as an agent would, I know that going in. It's the exposure I'm paying for. I just don't know which are reputable.
Flag Fri Oct 26, 2012
I will be glad to discuss a flat-fee services with you....just give me a call at my office 860-688-1400