rocco, Home Seller in Staten Island, NY

Can any realtor estimate how many buyers they have looking for more than 4 months without purchasing a home yet?

Asked by rocco, Staten Island, NY Tue Sep 24, 2013

Answers

6
I have had two buyers who looked for more than three months in my career. Sad to say they both never bought anything.

They wasted my time and gas!

If a buyer is qualified, serious, and motivated, and the agent is doing his/her job it should not take months for a buyer to decide on a home.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
I have one buyer I showed on a off for about 1 year and then somehow I ended up with them again like 3 years later and they just closed after another year.
Well Rocco, I have 3 buyers of which 2 are well over 6 months, and one almost 2 yrs. In the middle of negotiation with the 2 year one but so much drama, may be back out there looking again!!
Several ... a half-dozen minimum. Reason is that I work with a lot of second homebuyers and folks looking for winter homes in one of the many active adult communities out here; not a ton of motivation to buy immediately, which is fine. I keep in contact and when it happens it happens. Last year I had someone buy three years after we started together.
Hi Rocco,

I can answer that question with an actual count at the present moment......I have 5 buyers that I am in constant contact with......a few that are around six months, (1) buyer over a year and we are getting prepared to put an offer in and two buyers for two years! It all depends different relationships, circumstances and just maybe they are not ready. I try to keep in touch with most of my potential customers.....
Well, I don't know about "any" Realtor... but certainly m"any" Realtors can estimate how many buyers they're working with at any time, and their level of interest.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL