Home Selling in Tulsa>Question Details

Hhariram, Home Seller in Tulsa, OK

Can an international student who owns a home lease it and generate income when he moves back on campus?

Asked by Hhariram, Tulsa, OK Fri Dec 30, 2011

I bought a home 2 years ago and paid cash. Now I need to move back on to campus and as a result I want to lease my home. If I sold it, I would lose money. I am on an F-1 visa.

Answers

1
Hhariram, your visa status/student status/etc. has no relevance to this question. It is really a legal question regarding the actual property. (And I, and most of the folks on this site are Realtors, not lawyers, if you want legal advice, you need to consult a lawyer). Do you have condo or homeowners association documents, and do they put restrictions on what you can do with the property? Are there other municipal laws that come into play regarding landlords?

If you still are in communication with the Realtor who helped you buy the house, you could reach out to them to see what they suggest. (Or find a new Realtor, or perhaps a lawyer.)

I hope your studies are going well, and best of luck regarding your plans to lease the property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011