Home Selling in Miami Beach>Question Details

Kathy James, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

Can a seller seek a new buyer if an previous offer was countered and time has lapsed for accepance with no signed acceptance?

Asked by Kathy James, Miami, FL Sat Oct 13, 2012

A counter offer was submitted 12 days ago. The agent (for the seller) says that it was accepted but still has not provided a copy of the signed paperwork to the seller (even after being asked to do so).

Answers

6
If you can't get the information from the Seller's agent then I would recommend you contact the Broker for the sellers' agent and let them know what is going on.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
I smell a rat. There's more to this story.... but the question is what's the hang-up? I really hope you have a good buyer's agent on your side to help you get to the bottom of this. In any case, I would suggest trying the seller's agent's broker to see if additional information is forthcoming.

Hopefully, it's something simple... maybe the sellers are dragging out the timeline while they try to buy a new home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Good Morning Ms. James,

We are not allowed to provide legal advise, however based on what you have indicated here, there is no real contract in place if the documents have not been properly received by both parties and/or their realtors. Only when all the terms and price have been agreed to by both parties and the documentation is received is there a valid contract. You may wish to err on the side of caution if you are the seller and consult with a real estate attorney. So long as there is not a fully and properly executed contract the seller of a property is free to review, consider and enter into a contract with another buyer. Good luck with this matter. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Lila Lopez
CDPE, E-Pro
RE/MAX Advance Realty
homesbylila@yahoo.com
305-772-2521
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
The seller's agent drafted the counter and the seller signed it. He hasn't received a copy with the buyer's acceptance/signature on it. The agent claims to have it....but it's been 12 days and nothing. Not even an inspection.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Yes,
Seller doesn't have to accept offer,an as long he
Doesn't accept he's not bound to the deal,nothing
Has been signed remember ,he's free to take another offer if he so wishes.

Regards
Anthony
305 300 8540
Yes,

Regards
Anthony
305 300 8540