Jaded Seller, Home Owner in Ballwin, MO

Can a realtor post a bad comment out on mls on my expired listing?

Asked by Jaded Seller, Ballwin, MO Fri May 17, 2013

Can a realtor post a bad comment out on mls on my expired listing? I have relisted it FSBO and denied an agent a showing. I believe they may have put something out on our expired MLS listing from last year but I have no way of telling for certain.

Answers

5
In the St. Louis market, when an agent takes a listing they should be giving you the option of whether or not to allow comments on websites that share MLS information (IDX websites). If you have agreed to allow comments then anyone can post these comments (positive or negative).
Take Patsy up on her offer so you will know for sure and either have peace of mind or have evidence to take action against the agent.
If you send me your address, I can look it up on the MLS & send it to you.

Thx,
pandrolewicz@pruall.com
If an agent had it listed for you previously, he could go back into that listing and add comments to the remarks section of his old listing. If the listing is expired though, that listing should no longer populate out to the general realty websites such as Trulia. Another agent would have to specifically pull that expired listing to find those comments. Nowhere else on the MLS can a realtor post comments about a listing.
No.

if an agent has a buyer that will meet your price and terms why would you not let him/her show their client your property??? Please reconsider.

What do you think buyers will like most about your property????
Why would a buyer choose your home over the many competing homes for sale???

To sell you home you have to think like a buyer. Like you and me, buyers want a good value when theyt spend their money, especially when buying a home.

Why do you think your property didn't sell??? Unless a property is not marketed properly, overpricing is usually the reason. Did you have showings???? Did you get offers???

No showings = overpriced
Showings but no offers or low offers = not priced in line with comparable sold and current for sale properties. Buyers not perceiving your home as a good value.

For Example, if you're asking $2 million for a home where the comparable homes are at $1 million, you have little chance of selling.

I wish you good luck in getting your home sold. No Obligation, If you email me your homes address I'll give you my opinion about the property and the price:

Email: MoneySaver@GettingTheBestPrice

Also, please take a look at these links:

http://gettingthebestprice.com/sellers.php

http://gettingthebestprice.com/fyi.php?top=161

http://gettingthebestprice.com/our-mission.php

thank you

fred