Kathy Magagn…, Real Estate Pro in Fernandina, FL

Can I transfer my Massachusetts Real Estate license to Florida?

Asked by Kathy Magagnos, Fernandina, FL Mon Oct 8, 2007

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Kathy. I went to the Florida Division of Real Estate site and found this: "Florida has mutual recognition agreements with 11 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Tennessee." Below is the link to the page that I looked at. Based on this, it looks like you won't be able to transfer your MA license to FL without meeting the standard requirements. I'd check with the Department directly or talk to a real estate school in Florida. Good luck.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2007
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
Can I transfer my Massachusetts Real Estate license to Florida?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 20, 2014
Can you take the CT law exam online
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 27, 2014
Florida is not a reciprocal state to MA. I believe you can get a license in CT, and that can get you your license in FL by just taking the law portion of the state exam. If you do get a Florida license and need a place to hang your license while you get your footing, take a look at http://www.parkplacenetwork.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
I have the same question about transferring a MA license to FL. It was very nice of you, Jeremy Weinberg, to offer her a place to hang her license until she gets her footing. I hope all brokers are as nice as you are!
Flag Sun Mar 9, 2014
MA is not reciprocal with FL. If you tell me where you are moving, I can point you to a great online school available. Also, if you are going to buy a house here when you move, you should start getting some emails on the market you are moving to.

I work in the Central FL area - Orange, Lake, Osceola, Brevard, Volusia, Tampa and Clearwater area, so if you are going to be there, I can refer you a great online school to visit and an agent that can help you with the move as well.

funny - I'm in MA right now, visiting a friend, have to leave Wed to go back home......what's up with the weather and leaves???? I wanted cold weather and changing leaves before heading back to 94 degrees and 110 percent humidity ;-)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2007
Kathy, I don't believe Florida has a mutual recognition agreement with Mass. However, you can take the classes for your florida license online, which will help you streamline the process.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer