Homefindingt…, Real Estate Pro in 92688

Can I put my name in Trulia as a listing agent of the property even though I am not the listing agent of that property?

Asked by Homefindingteam, 92688 Sun Jul 25, 2010

Answers

12
This happened to me, too. Last week I saw 3 listings that were mine under another brokerage's name. I flagged them and they were deleted within 48 hours. Trulia then sent me an email and advised me to re-post, which is fine with me.

I don't think you can ask for faster service than that, right?

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
A few months ago, I found that a condo I had listed was showing up on Trulia as another agent's listing.

This was a situation where several units were listed under a single address. The only thing that distinguished the properties from one another was the unit number. Actually, there were three units for sale in the building and all of them showed up with the wrong listing agent on the property.

Once I brought this to the attention of Trulia's customer support, they corrected the problem right away. Perhaps this is what happened to you?

Please note that the errors could have been caused by a "glitch" in the data feed sent to Trulia from the local MLS. So you probably want to notify them of the situation as well. Otherwise it could happen again with different properties.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
This is a very interesting topic! I have found that there instances where the corporate office of a group of franchises may claim all the listings under that particular broker's ownership - regardless of who the listing agent may be. And it sounds to me like you sir are part of group of franchise owned offices. It happened to me, but you still have the right to claim your listings under your name. I've seen it happen in Trulia and Zillow. This is how some of these groups generate leads by using their listing agents properties.

You must diligent and stay on top of your listings and check every website that might list your property and find out who listing agent is...you might be surprised (not pleasantly)
Homefining...............I am more confused now than ever!

It says you are a Mortgage Broker - what listings do you have? Who has claimed them and where?
Are you an Realtor, too?
II don't want to "claim" anyone else listing; however, my listings and others' have been "claimed" by this certain Broker ( same office as mine). I just find out that at Trulia, my listing has been listed under this Broker. Hence comes the question. Thanks for all answers.
In my state, if you get the permission in writing of the listing agent, you are absolutely allowed to advertise their listings. Some agents will want to know where. We get requests all the time in my brokerage. Most we turn down, but to some we say 'okay'. In FL, all listings are the property of the broker.

I have to join in on the chorus from my Trulia agent friends here - what in the world are you thinking? No you cannot specify that you are the listing agent on a property unless you are the listing agent. We have had a few instances reported in which agents have laid claim to properties they have not listed and that is a "no-no" that should be reported.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
No, you may not!

Why would you want to misrepresent who you are?
Even if you have a real estate license, unless you're on the listing forms, you cannot state any relationship to the listing - as you don't have one!

I would think the listings that feed to trulia via the MLS come with the correct listing agent's name.

It says you are a Mortage Broker - stick to that!
Silly questions like this may take away your credibility, so you might want to rethink posting it.
Are you kidding? Obviously you are not a Realtor or you would know the answer to this. It is against the code of Ethics for a reason.
Did the listing agent give you permission?? Even the sites that post listings that are allowed through third party dealings/agreements put in the fine print who the listing agent/office is. If you start trying to take other agents listings and advertise as your own, you will probably find yourself in legal trouble.

Glen
I would hope not... but I see RealtryTrac showing "listings" so it may be possible...
I think this is a great question for Emily @Trulia. Ask her and she'll tell you what the rules are.........

GOOD LUCK!