Home Selling in Umstead>Question Details

sjameson, Home Seller in Raleigh, NC

Can I post our home on Trulia? I am not a broker or an agent. For sale by owner?

Asked by sjameson, Raleigh, NC Sun Oct 16, 2011

Sally Grenier’s answer
Unfortunately, no. Listings on here are fed by the different MLS systems.

But why would you want to try and sell your home by yourself? I could give myself a root canal, but is that really the smartest thing to do? No. I'd go see an experienced dentist. Your home is likely your most valuable asset. Why would you not have a professional handling the sale of it?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
No one is going to show your home if it is not listed on a multiple listing service.

As people said below, you can't post your home on Trulia on your own, but there are a variety of options available these days to get your home marketed not only on Trulia, but many other very popular websites as well as the local MLS. Though Trulia is a great website, you just never know what website your buyer may be using to find their next home, so it's important that you blanket your property out there everywhere while at the same time getting expert assistance from a full service real estate agent to guide you through the transaction. We would be happy to help you get your home sold while charging a very low fee so you can save money like a "for sale by owner" but still get the advertising and support needed in this market. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance, as we cover both the Triangle and Charlotte Regions.

- Don
Owner / Broker
Don Anthony Realty
No, Trulia is a website that sell its exposure to real estate agents. Properties for sale by owner are not consistent with what Trulia is trying to do. If you are looking to sell your home with minimal cost, my company provides many options. Please call me and I will help you get where you want to be.

Jimmy Conder
Web Reference: http://www.Conderrealty.com
Simple answer to your question is NO....
If your home is on the market listed with a Brokerage/a listing agent that listing agent can post your home
on this site, otherwise you need to post on For Sale by owner sites and there are many.
Take care and good luck to you...
Edith YourRealtor4Life!
We cater to For Sale by Owners- please visit http://www.fsbotriangle.com for more info.

Premier Properties of the Triangle.
Web Reference: http://www.fsbotriangle.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
Sorry to say Trulia does not accept listings from a FSBO, they do require to be posted from a licensed agent or broker.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Selling your home yourself is much harder in today's market, especially with all the "bumps" you now get to overcome during the process.

According to the National Association of Realtors survey, a home sold by owners typically sell for less, are on the market longer since they don't have the advertising exposure, and are more likely to have a lower median selling price, .....so.... it would be more advantageous to use an experienced agent who can negotiate better contract terms and sales price as well as market your home to the other agents who may have QUALIFIED buyers for you!
I would not try to sell it yourself, no agents are going to show it unless you have it listed with a real estate company.

Also most buyers will assume you are not serious about selling it if you do not even have it listed for sale.
Here's the answer I found in the Help section:

"If you are a home owner and wish to submit your listing to Trulia for sale, please note that we don't accept FSBO listing submissions at this time. However if you are working with a full-service or flat-fee listing agent or broker, he or she can submit your listing to us.

If you are a home owner and wish to submit your listing to Trulia for rent, you will need to indicate that you are a landlord in your Trulia profile in order to submit your listing to us".

If you have had a bad experience and/or feel you have too little equity in your home to afford utilizing a full service real estate company, then I understand why you want to consider selling on your own. Still - it doesn't hurt to talk. Let me know if I can help you. venitapeyton@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.trulia.com/help/
I agree with Sally

Why would you want to sell your most valuable asset yourself? and more important if you do, how can you be sure the ppl coming into your home are QUALIFED to buy your home, vs just lookers or worse.

Having a professional Realtor on your side with your best interests in mind will net you the most money and peace of mind of the job done correctly.