Home Selling in Homewood>Question Details

Mrs. Jackson, Home Seller in Homewood, IL

Can I list my house for sale and for rent? I want to relocate in a few months,and I want to increase my chances of being able to move in the summer.

Asked by Mrs. Jackson, Homewood, IL Fri Dec 24, 2010

Answers

9
Yes, you can do both at the same time. You can even keep the home for sale after you have it rented out and market the home towards investors if you are getting a good rental price. Although it is harder to market towards a traditional home buyer while you have renters (and their stuff). Just find a good realtor who is experienced in both selling and leasing. Many realtors know real estate investors also.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 26, 2010
Yes, you can list your place for sale and for rent. I have had clients do that when they were okay with either option and wanted to increase their odds of getting some type of contract--lease or sale. However, most people prefer to sell so it might make sense to try just a sale at first and add the rental listing if it is not working.
You can list your home with the same realtor for both rental and sale at the same time. Most agents reference the two listings with a link to each other in the MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 25, 2010
Mrs. Jackson:

Happy Holidays.

Yes you can do both. But definitely tell your agent.

Craig's list is a great place to list for rent.

Best regards
Perry
Yes, your agent can list your home for sale and also for rent at the same time--however, if you are a for sale by owner, Trulia does not allow the post, you can try blogging about the property--if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, just ask, or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into Trulia.
Mrs. Jackson -

You can list here in Trulia for FREE, but it will not be a featured listing without a charge - that just dictates where your listing is placed. One tip is to put as many pictures on as possible - between 7-10 is good - sometimes that ups the placement. If you are a for sale by owner or if you want some help but not pay full commissions, contact me at suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com. I am very familiar with Homewood and I have many different kinds of programs to help people sell at less cost. The more places you are the more attention you will get for your home. Especially if you are relocating, you need some FREE advice and a plan that will get the job done.
Yes, you can do both at the same time but if your house rents first and you sign a years lease the ability to sell will be diminished since the new buyer will have to leave the rental in place for the remained of the term in the lease - unless the renter agrees to move out. As Phil said, a lease purchase (aka rent to own) might also be an option depending on the mortgage on the house, if you have one. Rent to own usually benefits the landlord since they rarely work out and you will pocket the option money if they don't buy. Find a good Realtor with experience in this in your area to better increase your chances.
Good Morning Mrs. Jackson;
Yes you can!
You may also want to consider a lease-purchase listing.
Hire a professional in your area and you'll be packing to move in the summer.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
Dear Mrs Jackson. You can do both concurrently. I have multple clients who do the same. What are are you relocating to? Perhaps I could help?

Frank Dolski
Associate Broker
CARTUS Certified Relocation and Marketing Specialist
Coldwell Beanker Hearthside
Web Reference: http://www.frankDolski.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 24, 2010