Home Selling in Macomb>Question Details

William And…, Home Seller in Macomb, MI

Can I list my home on trulia for free? I am trying to sell it by owner first, as the market in our area seems to be moving fast..

Asked by William And Nicole Kopicki, Macomb, MI Tue Aug 6, 2013

Answers

10
Good Evening!

As others have said Trulia is a website for Realtors to post and market properties. The real estate market has picked up over the last several months and prices are beginning to increase. It would be my assumption that the homes selling quickly in your area were listed with a Realtor. As Kathy has stated there is alot more to selling a home than just listing it. As a Realtor we have the opportunity to market your home on the local Multiple Listing Services. I happen to belong to both the Macomb and Oakland MLS which doubles your exposure. I'm a member of Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, Homes.com etc...

If you haven't talked and met with a Realtor as of yet I would recommend that you do so. It's a free service, we can offer great advice and assistance.

Best of Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
William and Nicole If you are serious about selling your home You need to call me @ 586 323-7000 and ask for Pete I can guarantee you more money for you home with mutable offers, Your Terms , Your price. (* subject to review of your home and condition) Call today and get the ball rolling, free advice for the serious homeowners.
William
Check out my fsbo tips. I have a network of really good agents if you need a free referral. Best Wishes, Gerry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAOVoR7LFvY&sns=em
Hi William
Fsbo....? It's a huge undertaking in this day and age of complex real estate. Because sellers & buyers really never see what goes on behind the scenes it becomes wrongly apparant that this is an easy job and any one can do it. Fsbo sellers assume they can do a better job at selling there home and that they save the commision monies. It's well known agents will get more money for your home compared to fsbo and have a better chance of selling it quicker and many times can create multiple offer situations which bring over asking prices. Buyers aren't stupid........they are well aware that fsbo's are trying to save commisions and smart buyer negotiations will start from there. From what I've seen in my 8 years experience , after expenses.......the best a fsbo could save in a best case scenerio is about 1-2%. Doesn't seem worth the effort to me. I'd change my oil in my auto but I certaintly wouldn't attempt my transmission. Selling real estate is a numbers game and agents have all the numbers. Fsbo's have very few and accepting strangers into my home doesn't sound like a pleasant idea. Advertise on Trulia for free?????.........how much do you want. You should have to pay for it like the rest of us. Gee wiz.................I hope I was helpful.
Trulia is not a For Sale By Owner site. You will have to list with a lcoal Realtor if you want your home featured on Trulia.
Trulia only allows for sale listings from licensed professionals. If you want your home to appear here, you will need to find a licensed professional to work with.
Zillow and Trulia get all their listing feeds from the MLS system that real estate brokerages put their listings into.
You can't on Trulia. You may want to check out Zillow.com, they will allow you to, for a fee. You can also post on Craigslist or look into a limited listing, where you can purchase different services from the agent such as just listing on the MLS and the agent/broker puts it on the local MLS for you but that is all they do. I've seen it everywhere from $350-$500 (My Agency is full service and doesn't offer this option). But I would be happy to talk to you about your options.

If you have not at least spoken with a local Realtor about your listing, what they charge, what they would list it for & etc, I would encourage you to do that. I have seen several instances where a seller listing their property themselves (FSBO) thinking they would save money (not paying a commission) only in the end they net less than had they worked with an experienced and licensed Realtor.

Vince Bono
Keller William-Macomb St.Clair
vince@vincebono.com http://www.vincebono.com
586-745-0085

Leading Edge Seo - http://www.LeadingEdgeSEO.com
William and Nicole,

For your home to appear on Trulia, you must be listed with an agent. Many homeowners try to sell their house themselves. But you are limited to the advertising that you can do. You can put a sign in front of your house but unless you are on a busy street, the only people who will see it is your neighbors. And you can list on craig's list. But there is not alot of other exposure that is available to you. I'd like to give you a little information about selling your house yourself.

Homeowners who decide to sell their home without the help of a Realtor should be aware of a few important statistics. The National Association of Realtors say that homeowners who sell without the help of a Realtor get only 88% of the asking price, while houses listed with a Realtor get 96% of asking price. And, only 2% of all For Sale By Owners actually end up selling their homes. The other 98% end up listing and selling through a real estate agent. Even the founder of the company For Sale by Owner.com could not sell his own home and ended up listing with an agent.

The top reason that homeowners attempt to sell themselves include not wanting to pay commissions, a previous bad experience with a Realtor or not realizing the value that a good Realtor can bring to the sale of their home. And often, there is a misunderstanding about what listing with a Realtor actually means. Many homeowners think that listing with a Realtor means only that the Realtor will just add their house to a list and obviously, there would not be a real value to this. There are still agents out there who will do that and only that. They will add your property to the Multi Listing Service (MLS) and do nothing more. You will not hear from that agent again until your “listing” expires and then you will hear from them because they will want you to relist with them.

But a great agent, will not “list” your home. A great agent will market your home. There is a huge difference between listing and marketing. The great agents will have a written plan to market your home with a minimum of ten different marketing techniques that they will share with you. A great agent will also give you feedback every week on what has been done to market your house, how many inquires they have received from prospective buyers and agents and feedback from the showings that have been scheduled.

The other benefits that a Realtor provides include
• Preparing an accurate Comparable Market Analysis.
• Design a written marketing plan specific to your property.
• Provide all contracts and legal documents needed to sell your house
• Provide disclosures required by law
• Provide advice on preparing your house for sale
• Recommend a professional to help stage your house to sell more quickly
• Provide a sale website for your house
• Provide property brochures and For Sale signs
• Screen potential buyers from tire kickers so your time is not being wasted
• Handle all calls for showing your house so that you do not have to sit by the phone
• Overcome appraisal and inspection issues that can cause your sale to fall apart
• Provide expert and professional negotiating skills
• Handle closing details with title company

If you are considering selling your house yourself, at least give us a chance to tell you what we can offer. At the very least, you will walk away with a FREE Market Analysis of your house and we will share our marketing tips. We will also provide you with the disclosures that are required by law for you to give to prospective buyers. There is no cost and no obligation for this service. We’re here to help. If I can be of service, please feel free to contact me.

Kathy Persha, Associate Broker
GRI, SFR
http://kathypershateam.com/
Hi there,

Sorry, you cannot list it on Trulia, this web site is for Realtors to post properties. You might want to speak to a Realtor, we have many ways to get your property published on many web sites including Local MLS, Trulia, Realtor.com, Zillow and many more. It doesn't cost anything to consult with a Realtor, Give me a call or email me I would be happy to discuss it with you. I do work in your area.

Pam Bava, Realtor
Real Living Kee Realty
586-675-4653
realteellc@hotmail.com