Charles Baker, Home Seller in Blue Ridge, GA

Can I list my home for sale on trulia? If yes, it sure is not obvious how to do it.

Asked by Charles Baker, Blue Ridge, GA Fri Jun 14, 2013

Answers

9
Tim Krukowski’s answer
Trulia gathers data from various professional real estate sources and re-packages it for consumers to look at. Then, all those little pictures of real estate agents you see? They charge us to advertise hoping you'll click one of our pictures and we'll get a chance to sell your home or help you buy a home. If they allowed people to post "For Sale By Owner" properties, none of us would pay for advertising because they'd be letting consumers compete with our listings. Bottom line, we as licensed Realtors have learned that Trulia and Zillow attract mostly window shoppers and people just poking around. But, we pay to advertise hoping that, in the long run you'll get serious about selling your home and let us list it so you can actually sell it.
Hi Charles,
My name is Renee Morse with Re/Max Town and Country in Blue Ridge.
If your interested in listing your home with a agent I would be happy to meet with you and give you a CMA on your home and talk to you about listing your home.
Call or email me anytime.
Renee Morse
Re/max Town and Country
706-994-1500
Renee.morse@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 14, 2013
No sorry only agent-listed home may be posted here according to Trulia. Hope that helps
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
I am a little late to this party, but let me simply answer your simple question............

NO............ as a "for sale by owner" you cannot list your home for sale on Trulia!

Only agent-listed homes may be posted/listed here.
Those are Trulia's rules!

You can, however, list over at Zillow.com or ForSaleByOwner.com or Craigslist.com....among other fsbo-friendly sites

ps
to the agents who told this person, along with trying to solicit their business, they COULD list here - well, that's wrong - you gave incorrect "advice"!
Yes, while you CAN list directly, you are missing the advantages of local marketing help by not getting an experienced and knowledgeable realtor to help you. Most people searching the internet websites are preparing for a trip to our second home communities and they usually want details about local features: certified trout streams, fly fishing guides, trail heads, the Aska adventure area, riding stables, kayak outfitters, etc. We have that information at our finger tips if not the tip of our tongue! We can get plats, maps, and other local information to that prospective buyer before you might even know where the resources are they need or want to know about. All real estate is LOCAL and that is where you should start to market your property. Since our MLS is swept into those sites on the internet, your listing will still get there, but agents know how many pictures get you the most exposure, what info will most satisfy or intrigue a looker and can then work with them when they get to town to view your property. Being your own agent takes a lot of time and you will get prospects just like we do who need to see many different types of homes/areas before they settle on "the one". We have waterfront, mountaintop, farmland, big communities, unrestricted areas-so many places to sift through, but we have the time and you may not. Good luck. Find yourself a local expert to help you and you will sleep better at night!!! Judy Aselton, Century 21 In The Mountains, Blue Ridge, Ga.
No. I suggest you consider hiring a professional. Saving a 5% commission and selling your home for 7 to 10% less than if your property was promoted by Realtor, is no savings at all.

It's not the commission you pay; it's what you net.

good luck

fred

good luck

fred
Hello there Mr. Baker,

Always good to get a second or third opinion. I would be very grateful for the opportunity to meet with you and share with you what The Mountain Life Team is doing to successfully market and get homes sold here in the Mountains of Georgia.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Chad Lariscy
Keller Williams Realty | The Mountain Life Team
Chad@TheMountainLifeTeam.com
706-994-8686
Yes you can for a fee....but if you do not have a seasoned Realtor... to Follow up on the leads you get... what good are they..
Selling a home is an emotional experience ....not everyone is going to like your home...How are u going to react to negitive comments....
If you are thinking about selling call a local realtor...list your property with them...This is the only way you will get the highest and best price ..... most likely the best and most effective advertising for your home!

Rosemarie Villanova
Vail Realty
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
NO they can't list on trulia as a fsbo.... for a fee or for free - get your facts straight before offering advice that is just plain wrong
Flag Thu Jul 4, 2013